AVS Forum banner

8621 - 8640 of 8674 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
If you weigh more than 200 pounds with a high-quality European chair, they have steel frames, and you want the system to not break I advise the 4 pistons, skinnier than 220 pounds, non-European chair you can do the 3.
I apologize this is the first I've heard "pistons" mentioned. Is this the same as actuators? Are you saying the difference between 3 actuator versions and 4 actuator versions is not any effect on quality of the D-Box effect, but just how much weight it can carry? I may be misinterpreting what you're saying completely and if so I apologize, I am trying to clarify because of that.

The issue with D-Box chairs sold directly by D-Box is that they have 2 armrests between chairs. We could save space by having just 1 armrest between chairs. Other companies with D-Box in them have just 1 armrest in between.
Do you know what you would recommend then? It can never just be simple, can it? :D But like with everything else, I want to find the best option for my space and budget, so it's worth it to take the time to learn what's out there and what the differences are.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There are loveseats with 4 piston actuators in the Cineak line.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I apologize this is the first I've heard "pistons" mentioned. Is this the same as actuators? Are you saying the difference between 3 actuator versions and 4 actuator versions is not any effect on quality of the D-Box effect, but just how much weight it can carry?
If you are fat like I was 245lb, and get a 3 actuator system on a well-made steel frame seat, in my experience it was too much load for a single rear actuator after 16 months, it collapsed. Buyer beware.

Reactions: Technology3456

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
If you are fat like I was 245lb, and get a 3 actuator system on a well-made steel frame seat, in my experience it was too much load for a single rear actuator after 16 months, it collapsed. Buyer beware.
I see what you're saying. Thanks for sharing your experience and warning about that. I weigh less so it's probably not a concern for my decision, but you never know. I am more interested in whether the 4 actuator version, in a one-person seat, provides a better quality experience because maybe now it can tilt more directions in the back or something due to the extra actuator?

But from the responses so far, it's unclear if there even exists a 4 actuator version in one seat.

·
Registered
758 Posts
not better motion no.

Reactions: Technology3456

·
Registered
5,348 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Someone here recently experiencing HEMC SHUT ITSELF OFF during the motion engaged ? Contacted D-Box , and they are so busy and only get one reply from them and told me that updating firmware is needed and some time to validate the problem !

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
D-BOX has been doing a great job with new codes recently, even doing the Zack Snyder Cut and of course getting back into series. But Netflix is generating a lot of new content, one movie a week at least through the summer, and I don't think we've gotten any of those. These are big-budget from established filmmakers. The latest example is "The Mitchells vs the Machines" but there are many other older examples. Hopefully these are being looked at.

·
Registered
23 Posts
D-BOX has been doing a great job with new codes recently, even doing the Zack Snyder Cut and of course getting back into series. But Netflix is generating a lot of new content, one movie a week at least through the summer, and I don't think we've gotten any of those. These are big-budget from established filmmakers. The latest example is "The Mitchells vs the Machines" but there are many other older examples. Hopefully these are being looked at.
Hopefully!

I hope " Army of the Dead" from Zack Snyder get a Code when it comes out...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I liked the email today announcing the upcoming codes.
where did you get this email from. I also registered with dbox, but never received an email with the new films !?
I always look in the catalog on the dbox website.

very cool that Mitchells Vs. Machines got a code. if I had known that from where, I would not have seen him before.

I hope the army of the dead will get a motion code in a timely manner. because someone knows more. in Germany it doesn’t come to the cinema

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
where did you get this email from. I also registered with dbox, but never received an email with the new films !?
I always look in the catalog on the dbox website.

very cool that Mitchells Vs. Machines got a code. if I had known that from where, I would not have seen him before.

I hope the army of the dead will get a motion code in a timely manner. because someone knows more. in Germany it doesn’t come to the cinema
I’m not sure why I got it but it came from D-BOX. I hope it becomes a regular thing.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
They have been doing those e-mails for a while. I know there is a place to sign up somewhere on their pages, but I'm not sure how I got added. They used to sometimes give more notice on codes they were working on, I definitely would have delayed watching tMvtM if I had known it was in the queue. Just glad to have it.
So they are doing Disney+, HBO Max, Apple+, and Netflix codes on ones that are either streaming exclusives or are getting released in theaters and streaming concurrently (or close to it). Now I'm going to get greedy and ask for Hulu exclusives, maybe "Boss Level" to start? Or maybe Amazon Prime--they are doing the "Jack Ryan" series so maybe they could sneak in an Amazon Prime movie or two there as well...

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I see 2 places that you may get these emails going. One is here: D-BOX: We move the world! scroll down on the bottom right. The other is here: D-BOX Connect Log in and select "Edit Profile" and scroll down to the bottom. I hope this helps.

8621 - 8640 of 8674 Posts