AVS Forum banner

8641 - 8660 of 8674 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Got a lot of very helpful answers about D-Box in here a couple weeks ago, thank you guys! However I'm still not 100% certain about this so I just want to confirm completely. Are there any single D-Box chairs or systems that tilt not just left and right, forward and backward?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Anyone know how this compares to D-BOX?

I didnt know there were other companies that did the same thing. Is this worth another month long deep dive into researching what is the best product to go with, or is D-BOX the clear choice?

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,988 Posts
Anyone know how this compares to D-BOX?

I didn't know there were other companies that did the same thing. Is this worth another month long deep dive into researching what is the best product to go with, or is D-BOX the clear choice?
Crowsons are a high end tactile transducer.
The Crowsons are like adding subwoofers to the bottom of your chairs. (Think Bass Shakers, Buttkickers, BOSS Platform)
The Crowsons are linked to your subwoofers and only need a dedicated non room corrected subwoofer output for optimal setup
The Crowsons do not have a motion component to them, just vibration.

D-Box is a motion platform system.
The D-Box is not linked to the subwoofers in your system and is specifically programed on a per movie/tv show basis.
The D-Box will actually move your seat up/down, tilt left, right, forward, backward on top of adding it own vibrations that are programmed, (such as feeling a car engine, air resistance, wood breaking, glass shattering)

Two very different things.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
The Crowsons are like adding subwoofers to the bottom of your chairs. (Think Bass Shakers, Buttkickers, BOSS Platform)
The Crowsons are linked to your subwoofers and only need a dedicated non room corrected subwoofer output for optimal setup

The D-Box is not linked to the subwoofers in your system and is specifically programed on a per movie/tv show basis.
The D-Box will actually move your seat up/down, tilt left, right, forward, backward on top of adding it own vibrations that are programmed, (such as feeling a car engine, air resistance, wood breaking, glass shattering)

You use both right? What do you feel the Crowson add when you have the full D-Box setup?

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,988 Posts
You use both right? What do you feel the Crowson add when you have the full D-Box setup?
In my primary seat yes.

Because I am on a concrete floor I do not get the added tactile feel of a suspended wooden floor so the Crowsons add that into my system. D-Box actually has most of that tactile feel already programed in for most scene's. But there are some instances in movies that D-Box might not have been programmed to vibrate for. Example: John Wick's Bar gun fight scene. About half way through it goes to a section where they are going across the dance floor by the DJ and the Crowsons add a little more immersion to that scene.

If I didn't already have the Crowsons when I finished my D-Box setup I would not have added them.

But since I already had them and they do add a little, I just decided to keep them in my system.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

Thanks for clarifying. And as far as motion platform systems, D-BOX is the one clear choice, or are there others of competing quality?

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,988 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. And as far as motion platform systems, D-BOX is the one clear choice, or are there others of competing quality?
I don’t believe there is an alternative for TV shows or Movies.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
In my primary seat yes.

Because I am on a concrete floor I do not get the added tactile feel of a suspended wooden floor so the Crowsons add that into my system. D-Box actually has most of that tactile feel already programed in for most scene's. But there are some instances in movies that D-Box might not have been programmed to vibrate for. Example: John Wick's Bar gun fight scene. About half way through it goes to a section where they are going across the dance floor by the DJ and the Crowsons add a little more immersion to that scene.

If I didn't already have the Crowsons when I finished my D-Box setup I would not have added them.

But since I already had them and they do add a little, I just decided to keep them in my system.
Thanks.
Do you use BEQ?
I guess that is not a option for D-Box! But optimally it shouldn’t need to, if the programming of the tracks are done right(full bandwidth), and you have some adjustments on motion and vibration, right?

Do you use any curves on the Crowsons? If not, you should try out Aarons 10hz/6dB curves,as they really wake those up 😉
And BEQ too, of course.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Can anyone refer me to a good place online to find prices for the following?

1. D-BOX HaptiSync Hub (independent of buying any chair)
2. D-BOX KCA (independent of buying any chair, but also interested if there are any packages that include it)
3. D-BOX KCA -T (independent of buying any chair)

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,988 Posts

2. D-BOX KCA (independent of buying any chair, but also interested if there are any packages that include it)

Near the bottom there is a where to buy per region.

Just send out an email to each company in your region and see who responds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello,
you also had problems with the Star Wars Bad Batch episode 2, no code was found on me. Episode 1 and 3 work!? Were there no new MotionCodes this week, except for the series?

i hope so much for code for army of the dead

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Kris80
Same me, i not become the codes from 5.5.-13-5

Star Wars: The Clone Wars S07 EP 5,6,7,8 2021-05-13
Breakdown 2021-05-11
Jack Ryan 1st Season EP 3,4 2021-05-11
Star Wars: The Bad Batch - 1st Season EP2 2021-05-07
The Witcher - 1st Season EP8 2021-05-05
This all not downloadet
Today only loadet the Code from

Star Wars: The Bad Batch - 1st Season EP3 2021-05-14

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
New marketing e-mail today...
No "Army of the Dead" on the release date, but hopefully we'll get it later. We got "The Mitchells vs the Machines" a few days after release and there wasn't advance notice in time for the day it premiered.
We're getting WandaVision--that's great!
Cruella same day as release...nice...

I never saw it mentioned, but one of the great Kurt Russell flicks, Breakdown, got a recent release, that's one of my 90's go-to repeat watches, so good pick D-BOX!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
New marketing e-mail today...
No "Army of the Dead" on the release date, but hopefully we'll get it later. We got "The Mitchell's vs the Machines" a few days after release and there wasn't advance notice in time for the day it premiered.
We're getting WandaVision--that's great!
Cruella same day as release...nice...

I never saw it mentioned, but one of the great Kurt Russell flicks, Breakdown, got a recent release, that's one of my 90's go-to repeat watches, so good pick D-BOX!
That’s so exciting about Breakdown, I recently asked for that

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
That’s so exciting about Breakdown, I recently asked for that
What's the current go-to way for requests like that? I think that was on my list I gave them years ago, but I can't remember for sure. I thought they were going to come up with a more formal request system after the last round of interviews they did with some of us, but I haven't seen anything yet. And no definite indication they are regularly monitoring anything here either.

·
Registered
JBL SDP-55, Tascam ML-16D, 3x Bryston 6B SST, 9B SST, 2B-LP, 3x Dynaudio Contour S1.4, 12x Cont. SR
350 Posts
Now that the new app has been published (and it finally is compatible with the HEMC and it is available outside of North America), are there any news on the availability and pricing of the HaptiSync Hub as a standalone purchase?

·
Registered
28 Posts

Contact me if you still have questions... Mario

8641 - 8660 of 8674 Posts