AVS Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
The death of these characters does not matter in the long run as it appears to me that series three takes place about 10 years later and most of the current characters would no longer be active (too old) for the Mars program.

Reactions: shivaji

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
The death of these characters does not matter in the long run as it appears to me that series three takes place about 10 years later and most of the current characters would no longer be active (too old) for the Mars program.
Well, (1) They don't necessarily have to be on the missions to be part of NASA and on the show. They could have been in mission control or somewhere. Also (2) Even if they were not to be part of the next season, I felt the death of these characters did matter, and it was pretty impactful from my point of view, certainly in an emotional sense. From a plot point A to a plot point B colder look at it, I see what you mean. But I would not in any way say flat out their deaths didn't matter.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
Well, (1) They don't necessarily have to be on the missions to be part of NASA and on the show. They could have been in mission control or somewhere. Also (2) Even if they were not to be part of the next season, I felt the death of these characters did matter, and it was pretty impactful from my point of view, certainly in an emotional sense. From a plot point A to a plot point B colder look at it, I see what you mean. But I would not in any way say flat out their deaths didn't matter.
Although the odds looked long, I was pulling for Tracy and Gordo up until the minute of the death scene .. it was a sad yet triumphant end to a couple of great characters .. and quite emotionally heart rending ..

Reactions: gprace and Don S

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Point wll taken. I did not mean that their deaths did not matter, I meant that going forward 10 years would mean that they would probably not have been involved in the Mars mission.

Reactions: Don S

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
This show has done more than enough to prove itself with the time jump from season one to two for me to believe they can keep up the great storytelling and overall quality with a season three set 10 years in the future. The show has already laid the foundation for the next generation of NASA astronauts and JSC officials with Aleida, Kelly, and Danny. I'm sure Ed, Margo, and maybe Ellen will still be around as well as the main people in charge. Did we really want to see Sarah Jones aged that much? lol

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
For All Mankind Season 3: Blacklist Vet Edi Gathegi Joins Cast as Series Regular

Edi Gathegi (The Blacklist, House) has joined For All Mankind‘s upcoming third season as Dev Ayesa, a charismatic visionary with his sights set on the stars...as teased in the final moments of Season 2, the new season will jump ahead to 1994 and revolve around the first human being stepping foot on Mars...

241 - 247 of 247 Posts