AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of deciding what inwall speakers I want. I have narrowed my LCR down to either the UIW 75 or the RLS II ( both by Definitive Technologies http://www.definitivetech.com/loudsp...nceiling_.html ).

I can get the UIW 75 speakers for about $500 a pair but the RLS II speakers are $500 each. I have a few questiosn for those who may have/researched these two speakers.

1. Does the RLS II speakers justify the price difference as far as quality is concerned?

2. The RLS II have a sealed enclosure, does the UIW 75 have a similar sealed enclosure?

3. would you suggest getting the RLS II speakers for the Left and Right, then using a UIW 75 for the center channel? (supposedly all Definitive Technologies speakers are "Timber matched").

4. Would you suggest getting the UIW 75 speakers for L and R and buying ONE RLS II for center?

This system will mainly do 5.1 movies/TV but I will listen to some MP3 audio through it.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 /forum/post/0

I am in the process of deciding what inwall speakers I want. I have narrowed my LCR down to either the UIW 75 or the RLS II ( both by Definitive Technologies http://www.definitivetech.com/loudsp...nceiling_.html ).

I can get the UIW 75 speakers for about $500 a pair but the RLS II speakers are $500 each. I have a few questiosn for those who may have/researched these two speakers.

1. Does the RLS II speakers justify the price difference as far as quality is concerned?

2. The RLS II have a sealed enclosure, does the UIW 75 have a similar sealed enclosure?

3. would you suggest getting the RLS II speakers for the Left and Right, then using a UIW 75 for the center channel? (supposedly all Definitive Technologies speakers are "Timber matched").

4. Would you suggest getting the UIW 75 speakers for L and R and buying ONE RLS II for center?

This system will mainly do 5.1 movies/TV but I will listen to some MP3 audio through it.

Pat, what did you decide on your set up? I was thinking of doing the same thing as your option 3 - curious as to how it turned out. Would be using UIW 75 for the center to fit inside the studs, and the RLS II's for the fronts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.