AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I work in a call center, I also work till 2am, and it tends to get pretty slow at night. So I spend a lot of time lusting over various hobbies, dreaming of the future and such. Well the past few weeks i've been really jonesin for a new sub (I moved into a new place and my A2-300 isn't performing as well as it did in the old place).


Well, I have a lady friend I work with whom I talk to about random things on occasion, just to get the female perspective. So, I was sitting there looking at the A7-350 on eD's website and I thought I'd pose a question to her, this is how the conversation went:


Me: So, let's assume you were married, and you had a house with said husband.


Her: k


Me: If said husband wanted to spend ~$2400 on 2 subs that weigh 215lb each and are 28" tall, 20" wide, and 24" deep, would you have issue with that?


Her: 2400 or 24k


Me: $2,400


Her: nope, no issue at all. I would totally benefit from that during football season


Me: ROFL, Gives the tackles real impact.


Me: What if I told you said subs would be able to cause nails to come through the drywall?


Her: hmmm. . . .we might need to reinforce the walls somehow

Her: But could I hear the "swish" of the basket when a 3pt shot is made by the Celtics???


Me: That would be the rest of the speakers, the sub would be better for football and movies.


Her: I am perfectly fine with the added "definition" to the tackles in my New England Patriot's Games. . . so I'm going to say GO FOR IT and put the subs in. . .ASAP. . . I'm sure we can hire a contractor to reinforce the walls so we wouldn't have to worry about the nails coming out of the walls. If not. . . .well then we could build a sep room strictly for it.


Me: I seriously should copy paste this conversation into the AVS Forums. The guys there would s*** a brick.


Me: They have this thing, which is a MAJOR issue for a lot of guys, they call it WAF, Wife Acceptance Factor. So they're always worried about size, finish, etc


Her: why would a female (wife) have an issue with bettering their sound system????


Me: You would be amazed, this is a problem for probably ~90% of the married guys who are into HT. their wives complain if the speakers are too big, don't look pretty enough, etc etc.


Her: I guess I am a nerd at heart


Me: I think you just appreciate function over form more than most women


Her: who the heck cares about "pretty", it's quality and great sound that they should be worried about



Now, I know you want to call bull**** on me, that I made this up, but I promise you, I didnt. And no, she isn't a troll either, she is actually quite attractive. And I know for sure she is a celtics fan as she's flown out at least once this year to go to a game, and watches football with the guys at every opportunity.


Anyways, I thought you guys would get a chuckle out of the conversation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
This is all a "ploy" to lure men in my this so-called friend. Once you are married these attitudes seem to change. As well as looks, etc.......... They don't have to impress you anymore so they go to **** LOL. I tell every young man I know all women are crazy and the sooner you figure that out the better off you are. Never get married for that reason alone. "Why buy the cow if the milk and butter are free?" Sorry if I offended anyone.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrimnir /forum/post/18283482


Ok, so I work in a call center, I also work till 2am, and it tends to get pretty slow at night. So I spend a lot of time lusting over various hobbies, dreaming of the future and such. Well the past few weeks i've been really jonesin for a new sub (I moved into a new place and my A2-300 isn't performing as well as it did in the old place).


Well, I have a lady friend I work with whom I talk to about random things on occasion, just to get the female perspective. So, I was sitting there looking at the A7-350 on eD's website and I thought I'd pose a question to her, this is how the conversation went:


Me: So, let's assume you were married, and you had a house with said husband.


Her: k


Me: If said husband wanted to spend ~$2400 on 2 subs that weigh 215lb each and are 28" tall, 20" wide, and 24" deep, would you have issue with that?


Her: 2400 or 24k


Me: $2,400


Her: nope, no issue at all. I would totally benefit from that during football season


Me: ROFL, Gives the tackles real impact.


Me: What if I told you said subs would be able to cause nails to come through the drywall?


Her: hmmm. . . .we might need to reinforce the walls somehow

Her: But could I hear the "swish" of the basket when a 3pt shot is made by the Celtics???


Me: That would be the rest of the speakers, the sub would be better for football and movies.


Her: I am perfectly fine with the added "definition" to the tackles in my New England Patriot's Games. . . so I'm going to say GO FOR IT and put the subs in. . .ASAP. . . I'm sure we can hire a contractor to reinforce the walls so we wouldn't have to worry about the nails coming out of the walls. If not. . . .well then we could build a sep room strictly for it.


Me: I seriously should copy paste this conversation into the AVS Forums. The guys there would s*** a brick.


Me: They have this thing, which is a MAJOR issue for a lot of guys, they call it WAF, Wife Acceptance Factor. So they're always worried about size, finish, etc


Her: why would a female (wife) have an issue with bettering their sound system????


Me: You would be amazed, this is a problem for probably ~90% of the married guys who are into HT. their wives complain if the speakers are too big, don't look pretty enough, etc etc.


Her: I guess I am a nerd at heart


Me: I think you just appreciate function over form more than most women


Her: who the heck cares about "pretty", it's quality and great sound that they should be worried about



Now, I know you want to call bull**** on me, that I made this up, but I promise you, I didnt. And no, she isn't a troll either, she is actually quite attractive. And I know for sure she is a celtics fan as she's flown out at least once this year to go to a game, and watches football with the guys at every opportunity.


Anyways, I thought you guys would get a chuckle out of the conversation.
 

·
Lifetime Member
Joined
·
1,540 Posts
i say marry her, nuff said!

i put in 2 subs recently(danley dts-10).. in the living room, my fiancee calls them cabinets, but asides from that, no complaints.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
So are you hitting it or what with this chick? You should knock her up and use her money to help fund your hobby "hobby's". Especially if she is good looking... Use both your heads on this one ding dong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Women will say whatever you want to hear, so that they can get what they want, first.


Careful dog. Sounds like a home wrecker. If you're both single....snag her up yo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSALEEN /forum/post/18283505


Once you are married these attitudes seem to change.

As cool as my wife usually is, that's true. Putting together this last two-channel system was the first time she called a lot of the shots.


Frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, yes i am single/unmarried, and trust me, she's not trying to woo me. She is far outside of my league. The type of guys she has dated are typically police/fireman, or higher ranking enlisted/officer, and always in very good physical shape. We are in CO Springs so basically she has to beat cadets and military guys off her anytime she goes out. I haven't seen her pay for a drink in years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Girls before marriage are like trailer of a movie. 99.9% of the time, trailer is way better than actual movie. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
The best solution to this is separate living/family rooms. She gets what she wants in the more formal living room, we get what we want in the family room. Unless you're my wife, in which case I put whatever I want wherever I want it and it's usually to large and heavy for her to do anything about it. She actually thought a 42" would be enough for the upstairs living room. Crazyness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrimnir /forum/post/18283482


Me: So, let's assume you were married, and you had a house with said husband.

First, you lost me right there. The let's assume question never works. Second, not every woman is a fan of sports or unbelievable mind blowing sound when watching a movie.



With as many that want to have a small theater at home, there are the guys we all know who puts up large lcds and plasmas and watch material with all-in-one systems or just the speakers from the set itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTBigman /forum/post/18284371


Women will say whatever you want to hear, so that they can get what they want, first.


Careful dog. Sounds like a home wrecker. If you're both single....snag her up yo.

I think your first sentence can apply to both sides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSALEEN /forum/post/18283505


I tell every young man I know all women are crazy and the sooner you figure that out the better off you are.

Been married 13 years, love my wife, but yup - all chicks are crazy. They make no freakin sense, period. And they range in levels of craziness too. Some chicks are crazy like this:


Wife: How's your chicken?

Me: Its a little dry, but its still good.

Wife: [bursting into tears] Then why don't you go marry some Asian chick that makes juicy chicken?! [runs from room sobbing]

Me: ???


and then there are chicks that are crazy like this:


Me: [walking to desk] Good morning Jen (girl I worked with)

Jen: Hey sexy. Wanna go to my place at lunch and screw?

Me: Ha ha very funny. But seriously you gotta stop saying that, you know I don't think of you like that.

Jen: [loudly so everyone on the second floor could hear] Then why the f_ck are you constantly sexually harassing me?! I HATE you! [storms out of room]

Me: ???


So yeah I totally believe the OP's story. I also believe there's a catch. Like "yeah big subwoofers are awesome, wanna go kill some cats for shats and giggles?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,828 Posts
Dropping in with the female perspective here.


Below90, both your anecdotes are pure hormones. Hormones are like instant insanity. Kind of like guys drinking alcohol becoming instant a$$es.


Second, the cat comment was very funny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraCL /forum/post/18292878


Dropping in with the female perspective here.

Pics or it didn't happen ...



Seriously though, the only time I have to deal with GAF is with the price of these things and when I need a hand to move around furniture because I'm rearranging our entire living room for the 3rd time in a week to get a level bass response. (Picture hanging the sofa from the ceiling, stacking end tables on top of subwoofers, etc.
)


Edit: This thread delivers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
[QUOTE=NicolasKL


She actually thought a 42" would be enough for the upstairs living room. Crazyness.


That's funny right there.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top