AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the market for a new remote control and trying to narrow my search. so i was wondering which remote everyone else was using and how they liked it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use an Universal Remote Digital R50. Does everything I need it to. I was looking at the Harmony 900 or the R50, and end the end could not justify the extra $200 for the 900.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for ur input. there are so many mixed reviews harmony vs. universal. my first selection was the urc r50, but the more i read i lean toward harmony. i'm just trying to find the best for the price. still trying to talk the wife into another remote. i have to keep reminding her one remote for everything.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Harmony is probably a bit easier to setup, but the R50 is more flexible with macros, so to me it would have been a hard decision - IF the price was at least close. Unfortunately the Harmony was $200 higher - so decision made for me! :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis1043 /forum/post/18186176

i am in the market for a new remote control and trying to narrow my search. so i was wondering which remote everyone else was using and how they liked it?

I use a Harmony 890 Pro on my 722k, PS3, Xbox 360, Pioneer Elite TV, A/V receiver, dim and raise thye lights, etc, etc.

Nothing bad to say about any other remotes - simply love my Harmony.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input saltidawg. as good as the 890 sounds i don't think the old lady will go for the cost
i also have an pioneer elite receiver and wondered how the remote's compatibility would be. i read on one post that the 670 was for the dvr. i know its an older remote but it looks like thats what i'll have to go with to keep the wife happy

·
Registered
148 Posts
FWIW, I have a Harmony 670 in the bedroom using with a VIP 722. I am OK with it, but my wife still uses the original dish remote. The buttons are a bit small and hard to find by feel for a DVR, in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts