AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got done returning my samsung 8000 series plasma and was going to buy a panasonic vt25 plasma but a magnolia best buy guy started asking me questions about what i want in a t.v. He said are you wanting 3d t.v and i said well what i really want is the best 2d t.v out. Then this is what caught me by surprise, He said well how about a pioneer elite. Im thinking WTF?> no one can get them anymore. I said you have them? He said Yes brand new in box. I was like well there probably out of my price range and he said no not all at! I got my pioneer elite 101 for under 1700 for a 50in! The magnolia guy said they been getting theres from best buys out in california that are just sitting in the warehouse!! So if you still want a pioneer go to a best buy magnolia store and they can get one. He said if the store doesnt have one hand, they can get it from the warehouses in california in 30 days So i just thought i should share this with everyone b/c its one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan21x /forum/post/19521473

So i just got done returning my samsung 8000 series plasma and was going to buy a panasonic vt25 plasma but a magnolia best buy guy started asking me questions about what i want in a t.v. He said are you wanting 3d t.v and i said well what i really want is the best 2d t.v out. Then this is what caught me by surprise, He said well how about a pioneer elite. Im thinking WTF?> no one can get them anymore. I said you have them? He said Yes brand new in box. I was like well there probably out of my price range and he said no not all at! I got my pioneer elite 101 for under 1700 for a 50in! The magnolia guy said they been getting theres from best buys out in california that are just sitting in the warehouse!! So if you still want a pioneer go to a best buy magnolia store and they can get one. He said if the store doesnt have one hand, they can get it from the warehouses in california in 30 days So i just thought i should share this with everyone b/c its one heck of a deal.

Wonder if those are the last ones from the factory when they stopped production. Could have been from a missing truck, lol. Whatever, you got lucky, lol. Good stuff.

·
Registered
886 Posts

Quote:

help me out ,I stopped by my local best buy and had the manager pull up stock in the California warehouse,we could not find any 101s,any more info would be great .

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like a fairy tale to me. It could have been just a re-sealed unit that was previously returned or repaired. I say this because I was also offered a "new in box" Pioneer by Best Buy, only to be told later on that it was a returned unit.

DelJ

Quote:

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelJ /forum/post/19525963

Sounds like a fairy tale to me. It could have been just a re-sealed unit that was previously returned or repaired. I say this because I was also offered a "new in box" Pioneer by Best Buy, only to be told later on that it was a returned unit.

DelJ

It's true as I just got one last night:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1292107

If you really want one of these, you may be surprised to find one, I would just call the local stores in your area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.