AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to what brand/model of HD cams and optics you're using for the football games. Do they have full 1920x1080 capability? To be kind, the football pics of the last few weeks have been barely acceptable HD, at best, particularly when compared to the pic quality being turned out by HDNet.

Regardless, our thanks to CBS for committment to HD, particularly the evening schedule and thanks in advance for your reponse.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DevoX
I am certain that, since much of CBS's HD content is sponsored by Panasonic, that they are using Panasonic's like of HD cameras.

Probable these:

http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat...aj-hdc20a.html

-- Robert
Interesting, if true. The Panasonic model is an HDcamcorder while the cameras I saw last evening on HDNet appeared to be full, uncompromised studio type HD cams rather than HDcamcorders. The optics on the HDNet cams are also more substantial in appearance (generalizing, more glass=more resolution).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DevoX
I am certain that, since much of CBS's HD content is sponsored by Panasonic, that they are using Panasonic's like of HD cameras.
You could be right about the Panasonic cameras, but I would not think that primetime HD sponsorship by Panasonic is a major factor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Who is Bob Ross ? ... and what does he have to do with HDTV ?

I thought Bob Ross was the dude with afro who taught painting in that PBS show on TV.

:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RishM

I thought Bob Ross was the dude with afro who taught painting in that PBS show on TV.

:D
Edit: Thanks for the clarifications. Now to your regularly scheduled programming ....

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RishM
He is CBS' Vice President of East Coast Operations and Forum member, with whom we exchange feedback regarding CBS' HDTV efforts.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cwood
Interesting, if true. The Panasonic model is an HDcamcorder while the cameras I saw last evening on HDNet appeared to be full, uncompromised studio type HD cams rather than HDcamcorders. The optics on the HDNet cams are also more substantial in appearance (generalizing, more glass=more resolution).
Well, the HDNET production trucks use Panasonic pro gear (as well as the big 52-inch Panasonic DLP rear-projection set in the center of it all).

The HD camcorders are probably used to carry around on the sidelines, etc. Pana's larger model HDCAM (the "cinema" model) is huge!

Here it is:

http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat...aj-hdc27v.html

-- Robert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.