AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Russound CAV6.6 and now I'm looking at source equipment. I could get the Russound ST2-XM tuner which would give me a single AM/FM tuner and an XM tuner. Or, for basically the same price, I could get the Russound ST2 dual AM/FM tuner AND the Polk Audio XRt12 XM tuner. I like the second option better because it gives me an extra AM/FM tuner. However, I'm wondering how well the XRt12 integrates with the CAV6.6. My understanding is that with the Russound ST2-XM tuner you will get feedback at the UNO-S2 keypad telling you which station, song, and artist you are listening to from the XM tuner. How well does the XRt12 integrate with the CAV6.6? Will I lose the ability to get this feedback at the keypads if I choose the XRt12?

Thanks. Your help is appreciated.

Terry

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would suggest you get the St2-XM combination tuner. You will not miss the extra FM tuner. After listening to XM or Sirius, the FM band gets used very little around my house. I just can't take the Low IQ, screaming Commercials.

The Best part of the Russound XM tuner, which is expensive, is the display of the artist and station on the LCD display. This is not possible with out some sort of 3rd party interface for the Polk.

Anyone want a Russound ST2 cheap?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I pulled the following off of the Polkaudio.com web site.

RS-232 connector allows connection to whole-house audio distribution systems (Crestron, NetStreams, etc.) for remote room control of tuner and display of tuner data on remote keypads and other control devices.

It doesn't say anything about Russound. I am waiting for a reply to an email I sent to Polkaudio technical support in which I asked if the XRt12 can integrate with the CAV6.6 and provide tuner data on the Russound keypads. I'm still hoping to hear from somebody out there who has done this. Anyone?

Thanks to all.

Terry

·
Registered
677 Posts
(crestron + Netstreams +AMX) Those are high-end programmable processors with bi-directional and adjustable RS-232 interfaces. Russound CAV6.6 is not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.