AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy---Thinking of getting one of these but can't find enough info on the remote control. How easy is it to raise the volume on the different channels separately. Say, a few minutes into a movie, you want to raise the center channel a bit. Is this a simple operation. What does it entail. I'm rather weary of my EAD's pitiful ergonomics. To raise the center channel volume with it you have to look at the remote to see what you're doing and press a sequence of 8 buttons to complete that one operation. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The remote has a channel select button, and beside it are + and - buttons, so you can select a channel and change it's level very easily.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am a new RDC-7 owner and haven't played with this yet. If these adjustments are made on the remote (outside of the set-up menu) are they a perment change to the default parameters or just a temporary adjustment? If temporary, when does it cycle back to the default settings - after powering down, changing inputs, etc.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Besides the easy-to-use individual channel audio increases possible, the remote also has a wonderful overall audio change capability. Often when you try to increase or decrease audio, the changes are made in fairly large increments. I really like the per decibel changes possible. Often you need just a little up/down and this is easy to do.

The only complaint my husband has for the remote is that it isn't backlit. Picky, picky.

Leslie

·
Registered
321 Posts
Leslie -

Tell you husband to push the little button in the upper right hand corner of the RDC-7's remote that is labeled "LIGHT". (It is to the right of the "ON/STNBY" button below the LCD display.) That won't bring him a Bud "Light" from the 'fridge, but it WILL activate the backlighting for the remote. :>)

Burke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.