AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I narrowed it down to two. The Pioneer VSX-1015tx and the ONKYO TX-SR702. I have a Yamaha HTR-5740 and heard that isn't teh best to use with these. I know there is a better receiver for about 500-600 and that's all I'm going to spend. Let me know which would work better. They both seem great, can't decide which to go for.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I haven't heard the Onkyo or Yamaha with the JBL Northridge E series, but I did try out my 1014TX, the 1015TX's predecessor, with some of the E series speakers and the combination was pretty good. I demoed the E20 and E30 with the 1014TX at home and was impressed with the sound. The E30 with its 6" drivers were much better than the E20's 5" driver. I haven't heard the E80 with the Pioneer, but I'm sure the 1015TX will be a nice match for your speakers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not that particular Panny, but yes I had a Panasonic before the Denon and it was way too bright for my tastes( kinda accentuated the JBL's weaknesses).

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph coulson
Not that particular Panny, but yes I had a Panasonic before the Denon and it was way too bright for my tastes( kinda accentuated the JBL's weaknesses).
I can agree with you there. With my Acoustech speakers, the Panny XR55 was way too bright. However, pair it with some more neutral speakers, and you're good to go.

To the OP: I'd go for the Onkyo 702.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
HK430 w/JBL E full boat: 80's, EC35, 20's, 250. House rattles and things are flying around the room.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Didn't mean to hijack this thread but RE: the XR55 and JBL E series, it seems like some are saying that the JBLs have muted highs (not sure I hear this though) and somewhat overemephazied bass (I probably agree with this).

So wouldn't the XR55 help make the JBLs sound as good as they can?

Now I'm using an old Sony rcrv and it sounds good for music. I think if the XR55 opens up the highs on the JBLs, I'll be even happier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.