Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank bavaro
one the new pannys or fujitsu ?

or is there somthing else worth considering ?
Pioneer. Best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
Pioneer. Best bang for the buck.
I was set with the Panny (I'll look one more time before I buy too) but regardless of what they say about the better blacks, the pic on the Pio PDP-5050HD looked much sharper then the panny, and it has better conections and PIP/split screen too. :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't know about the Pios being best bang for the buck.....last time I checked the MSRP of 50 inchers, the Pannys were 1.5K cheaper. That's for the 50u. For the 500u you'll get a fuller featured TV that is still 1K less than the Pio 5050. The Fujitsus are way more expensive. Regarding picture quality, it's all in the eye of the beholder. They are very comparable and one can easily argue that one TV is sharper than another.....well, in fact people do argue that all the time.

With the 50 inch TVs, I suggest you research the Panny 50px50u, Panny 50px500u and the Pio 5050. Since this goes in your family room, you may want to pay close attention to glare and which TVs do a better job of killing it. I don't know how they compare in that regard.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
The best 50" plasma is probably the Fujitsu. However, it comes at a high price. Other good options are the Panasonic and Pioneer plasmas. Some prefer Panasonic (better black levels, more natural colors), some prefer Pioneer (punchier colors, brighter). The majority goes with the Panasonic, I think, because it's cheaper. You might want to wait for the new 6G Pioneers (coming out in Sep/Oct), which might combine the advantages of the Panasonic and current Pioneer plasmas.

·
23,030 Posts
Quote:
You might want to wait for the new 6G Pioneers (coming out in Sep/Oct), which might combine the advantages of the Panasonic and current Pioneer plasmas.
People hope for this every year and it never happens - Pio glass with Panny-like black level.

larry

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
People hope for this every year and it never happens - Pio glass with Panny-like black level.
But Pioneer never before claimed that their new generation models would have the best black level in the industry. Now for 6G they do.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP
With the 50 inch TVs, I suggest you research the Panny 50px50u, Panny 50px500u and the Pio 5050. Since this goes in your family room, you may want to pay close attention to glare and which TVs do a better job of killing it. I don't know how they compare in that regard.
sound advice.

the light factor was my main concern when i started searching for panels. I finally settled on the pio 5050 for it's punchier, brighter picture and the non-glass front which is suppossed to reduce glare, reflections, etc. One whole wall down the left side of my room is windows and i couldn't be happier with how the pio has handled it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
When a company like pio buys a decent company like NEC ... things are bound to take a significant jump up in quality as nec technology is incorporated in the next line of pios.

I expect the next pios to be a step up for sure.

jls

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
But Pioneer never before claimed that their new generation models would have the best black level in the industry. Now for 6G they do.
I am curious to see if they have put the buzzing issue to rest once and for all. Didn't they initially claim that was normal for a PDP?

I know I would wait for some firsthand user feedback on this display before I spent that much money on a new model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.