AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a 3CF sealed sub with a Dayton 15" Titanic and Bash 500W amp a while back. I like it and it sounds great, but I am thinking of building another sub to accompany it. I would like to use the same exact size and shape box but I also wouldn't mind something that would dig a bit deeper. Running the numbers in WinISD it looks like a 12" Titanic with the same Bash amp would work well in a 3CF ported box and go down to about 21 Hz at -3dB. My sealed design comes out to about 38Hz at -3dB. My main concern is whether the 12" ported design would work well with my sealed sub and fill in the lower octaves where the sealed sub rolls off. Or, would it potentially negatively impact the sound quality of the 38-80 Hz where the sealed sub shines? Could I set the crossovers for each sub differently so that the ported design starts to ramp up where the sealed design starts to roll off? Any advice on this project, or any other ideas to achieve what I am after? Room size is fairly large at ~5,500 CF but it is completely sealed from any other rooms and I don't need knock the walls down bass (although I do want it to make an impact).

Thanks,

Matt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts