AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of these and am mighty pleased with how it cleaned up my TV antenna signal. Wow.

Anyways, I was just wondering how all of you utilized each plug. As you know, there are 2 'always on' plugs, 2 'delayed' plugs and 4 regular ones. Which components do you have in which plugs.

So far I have...

Regular plugs: DVD, PS1, PS2, TV

Delayed: [none]

Always On: VCR, Receiver

Also, do you just leave it on? Or do you turn it off? Somehow I can't figure out how to shut it off without having to actually manually pressing the button. I have that second plug from the 1000+ connected to my receiver, but it doesn't shut itself off when my receiver is turned off.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Shadiest One,

The plug out of the Panamax needs to go into a switched outlet on the back of your receiver. This would be an outlet that turns off when the power is shut off.

FASTLS

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
If you need more always on outlets, just plug a power strip into one of the always on outputs. You could put your sub on one of the delayed turn-on outlets. They're intended for power amps, primarily. Best wishes!

·
Registered
208 Posts
So what exactly does the master control plug do? Also, how do you change the brightness adjust control (the thing got pushed in trying to adjust it with a screwdriver)? I bought my unit on ebay used w/o the manual as you can probably guess ;)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
The smaller power cord must be pluged into one of the two always-on outlets if you want to use the front panel on/off button to turn the unit on and off. If you want the unit to power up with your pre/reciever's turn on, you plug the cord into a switched outlet on the pre/reciever. So, when you turn on the head unit, the 1000+ is powering up. In this configuration the front panel on/off switch is always left in the on position.

I forgot how the LED displays are adjusted. I think it's on the back panel. I've never bothered with it. I looed back there but thre's so many plugs and warts, I can't see the back panel well. Best wishes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.