AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Up for sale is an excellent condition Panamorph UH480 with perfect optics and a similarly excellent condition ATH2 Motorized Sled. The ATH2 will be supplied in its original packaging while the UH480 will be carefully packaged for shipment. Included is a AK8J-3D mounting plate.

Asking $3000 inclusive of paypal fees and fully insured shipping to the lower 48. I will ship internationally-PM me for details as shipping will be additional.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in the process of upgrading a lot of my home theater pieces. Processor and amps. Sources, etc. Have sold my old screen and need to get that replaced next. Going with a Stewart microperf, size/material TBD. I am considering stepping up to widescreen (2.35). But I am not an expert on widescreen stuff by any stretch of the imagination. All native 16:9 up to now. And I'm concerned that I might end up with pieces that don't play well (or at all) together.

Would you mind a few questions to make sure your anamorphic setup will work with what I have?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolulely

Hi

I'm more than happy to help out with any questions that you have. PM sent.

Thank You
Sean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I'm more than happy to help out with any questions that you have. PM sent.

Thank You
Sean
-----------------------------------------------
I am a newbie on this forum. Tried to send a PM, but can't yet. So I can't reply to yours. So I will reply here.

My questions are mostly centered on throw distance vs screen size and the right material. I think I am close, but I have nothing to base it on.
I have a JVC RS 56. The throw distance will be 21-22 1/2 feet. The screen I am looking at is a Stewart 141" x 60" using the Studiotek 130 G3 Microperf material. This screen has a 1.3 gain.
The room has no ambient light. My theater is in a basement. When I use one of the on-line calculators (projector central) for checking screen size/material, throw distance, this setup does seems OK. But a free on-line calculator doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
I did see where the plate you have with this setup is for a JVC projector. Not sure my specific model fits it though. So the sled & projector mount onto the plate and then its all properly aligned?

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not kicking tires. If this setup is 100% what I need to go 2.35 I will take it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-----------------------------------------------
I am a newbie on this forum. Tried to send a PM, but can't yet. So I can't reply to yours. So I will reply here.

My questions are mostly centered on throw distance vs screen size and the right material. I think I am close, but I have nothing to base it on.
I have a JVC RS 56. The throw distance will be 21-22 1/2 feet. The screen I am looking at is a Stewart 141" x 60" using the Studiotek 130 G3 Microperf material. This screen has a 1.3 gain.
The room has no ambient light. My theater is in a basement. When I use one of the on-line calculators (projector central) for checking screen size/material, throw distance, this setup does seems OK. But a free on-line calculator doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
I did see where the plate you have with this setup is for a JVC projector. Not sure my specific model fits it though. So the sled & projector mount onto the plate and then its all properly aligned?

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not kicking tires. If this setup is 100% what I need to go 2.35 I will take it.
My apologies for the late reply. I have also sent you my personal email address via PM.

The projector central calculator is fine for the calcs you are performing. It shows that your screen size versus throw distance is ideal. My personal opinion is that your choice of screen material is perfect also-it is the same material that I use and it's fantastic.

The Carlton-Bale calculator (http://carltonbale.com/home-theater/home-theater-calculator/) is a little more advanced in that it provides more info on resolution etc but it will essentially arrive at the same results as Projector Central for throw distance versus size and image brightness. Additionally, you are in a rare area for anamorphic lenses in that you have a very generous throw ratio of approximately 2.5. This will mean that you almost non existent pin cushioning.

Regarding the mounting plate, I am unfortunately unable to provide absolute certainty of compatibility with your projector despite it appearing that it will be fine. The compatibility info that I have found lists the following models: JVC X3, X7, X9, X30, X70, X90, RS40/45, 50/55, 60/65; RS10/15/20/25/35. I have compared the specifications and drawings of the RS56 against the RS55 and they are absolutely identical. This means that it appears that the mounting plate would also fit the RS56.

Please also note that I have misplaced one of the thumb screws from the UH480 when packaging. I have contacted Panamorph and will have a new pair of thumb screws shipped directly to you if you do decide to purchase.

Please let me know if I can help any further. Thank You.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sean, I will reply thru your E-mail. I want to try the calculator you recommended, but just as a curiosity.

I am going to take this setup and we can work that offline. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sean, I will reply thru your E-mail. I want to try the calculator you recommended, but just as a curiosity.

I am going to take this setup and we can work that offline. Thanks again for the help.
Pleasure dealing with you Tom.

This is now SOLD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts