Registered
27,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrantzM /forum/post/15570325

Goldmund makes sure of topping it off with the most expensive TT, I have so far read about: $300,000!!!...

If you take off the surrounding case, the innards are a Rega P1...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber /forum/post/15570513

If you take off the surrounding case, the innards are a Rega P1...

Truthfully ..no.. This is basically the same machine Goldmund used to sell in the 80's for about 15K then $25,000.. Now 300,000.. !! I will fish for some values in TTs... but know that this will be my last TT... Now my aim is to enjoy the best digital has to offer and frankly from many account the HRx seems to surpass subjectively everything analog had to offer...

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Why is the Rockport Sirius on this list? Is it not available anymore? This might just expose how ignorant I am about the turntable market but so be it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queuecumber /forum/post/15571662

he better hurry up and double that price! Otherwise people will buy the goldmund instead...

:d

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
You have to wonder how many people are using those turntables... to convert the records to MP3 files!

·
Registered
234 Posts
The new Rockport Sirius is a lot more purty than the Goldmund. That should be worth 100K all by itself. I wonder if I will find a Sirius III at Goodwill anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I find it interesting that so many decks are so expensive. I don't believe it take so much to get the information from the groove correctly. Don't forget that most vinyls have just maybe 40-50 dB in s/n.

·
Banned
8,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN74 /forum/post/15582333

I find it interesting that so many decks are so expensive. I don't believe it take so much to get the information from the groove correctly. Don't forget that most vinyls have just maybe 40-50 dB in s/n.

Take some time and research the Sirius Turntable. You might learn something ( although unlikely). Have a read of the Stereophile review of the Sirius lll from a few years ago. You might be enlightened

http://www.stereophile.com/analogsou...258/index.html

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Micheal Fremer words are not really worth anything to me. The question is, what problem do vinyl have and how can I build a player that can add as little as possible to the signal.

One problem that I find really strange is the lack of "centerfixation". Most vinyl are NOT 100% centered and that will REALLY color the sound. Nakamichi Dragon-CT had a way to fix this but I don't think any player on the market today can fix it. A real problem that nobody cares about

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneobgyn /forum/post/15582460

Just more of the same from you

Don't you hear that? Maybe your system is not that revealing so it show the pitch problems you will get then.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Good for you that you don't hear those problems. I have a revealing system that show this problem

1 - 20 of 42 Posts