Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhh!

I am so sick of watching smudgy dark scenes on my 8500 with broken gamma. Next time...no ATI card for me until our HTPC wizards have blessed it for at least 4 weeks.

--Les

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hear that they are in whql testing now... I guess ATI will not allow these to be leaked... there are a few posts in this forum wich will back that up.

If there is no problem I think we might see them within the next two weeks (assuming whql goes well).

I Think I will purchase that 8500DV I have been wanting ... I know that Xcel will take objection to this but I even hope that the dongle will be out soon so that I can use my card with my RPtV and enjoy a nice progressive desktop (without haveing to lug my 17" monitor upstairs to test my PS configs first).

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
I am considering upgrading to the ATI Radeon 8500 64Mb card. Is this a good card for game play and DVD Playback on an HDTV? Are the current drivers so bad that I should think about a Geforce4 TI instead?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I have an 8500DV and wish to God I didn't buy it. NEVER buy anything assuming the missing feature or bug will be fixed in the future. Buy what works now or wait, but don't jump on the ship and hope they fix the leaks before you are swimming back to shore...

Mike

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Mike,

So, are you saying that I should forget the ATI and get the GeForce4 Ti card instead? If not, what card SHOULD I get?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
If you don't have to buy a video card NOW, I would suggest waiting for a few months until we see what the latest Matrox card can and will do.

Vern Dias

·
Registered
484 Posts
The 8500 64MB is a very good card for gaming in my opinion. The GF4 will top it for gaming but if you're looking for the good PQ/DVD play plus gaming in one card, it's currently the one to get.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vern Dias
If you don't have to buy a video card NOW, I would suggest waiting for a few months until we see what the latest Matrox card can and will do.

Vern Dias
If that's the case, wait until the next generation ATI, Nvidia, and 3dpower cards come out. IIRC, the next ATI card will have a new Rage Theatre chip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.