I hear that they are in whql testing now... I guess ATI will not allow these to be leaked... there are a few posts in this forum wich will back that up.
If there is no problem I think we might see them within the next two weeks (assuming whql goes well).
I Think I will purchase that 8500DV I have been wanting ... I know that Xcel will take objection to this but I even hope that the dongle will be out soon so that I can use my card with my RPtV and enjoy a nice progressive desktop (without haveing to lug my 17" monitor upstairs to test my PS configs first).
I am considering upgrading to the ATI Radeon 8500 64Mb card. Is this a good card for game play and DVD Playback on an HDTV? Are the current drivers so bad that I should think about a Geforce4 TI instead?
I have an 8500DV and wish to God I didn't buy it. NEVER buy anything assuming the missing feature or bug will be fixed in the future. Buy what works now or wait, but don't jump on the ship and hope they fix the leaks before you are swimming back to shore...
A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!