AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this post in the plasma forum. Thought it might be helpful here too.

This post is meant to be to possible LG buyers primarily, and the following is not meant to knock Samsung or any other brand. Every brand has it's horror stories.

Here is a link to a horror story in buying a set long distance.
http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=36287

I wanted to post this is to make sure potential LG buyers or owners know of this LG in warranty policy.

"If a LG HDTV puchased from an authorized dealer needs repair, and parts are not in the service shop 15 days after ordering, customer gets new set"

(thats a short version, of course)

As I said, this is not to knock Samsung. It is just to point out a good policy of a good brand. Many times problems like this can be rectified quickly, as the buy is made close to home at a CC, BB, and such - and the exchange is easy. That said - there are many sets bought long distance from authorized dealers that have limited options if there is a problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPanda /forum/post/0

I wanted to post this is to make sure potential LG buyers or owners know of this LG in warranty policy.

"If a LG HDTV puchased from an authorized dealer needs repair, and parts are not in the service shop 15 days after ordering, customer gets new set"

(thats a short version, of course)
BamaPanda: perhaps you have further information about how this works? I posted the following as a separate message:

I have an LG 32LX1D that is going to be replaced under warranty (it needs parts that are on indefinite backorder). I should note that there has been no hassle from LG about getting to this point: they very quickly moved to this stage and I'm now waiting for my case to go through the official "approval process" which they say may take a couple of weeks. (I can live with that-- the TV is still usable, it's just that some nice-to-have but not essential features are broken.)

Does anyone here have experience with getting a set replaced by LG under warranty? How exactly does this work and were you satisfied with the outcome?

My copy of the written warranty says that LG can elect to repair or replace, at their option, and the replacement set may be new or re-manufactured. The warranty text makes reference to LG shipping a replacement set to the customer. But the LG customer service reps I've spoken to refer to some sort of voucher being issued, and I would use the voucher to choose my replacement TV. This is not at all bad, but I have a whole bunch of questions about how this works and the customer service people profess not to know ("that's another department").

So I'd be interested in hearing from others who have gone though this process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.