AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked in my channel guide tonight and found that channel 88 was active, showing the Yankees/Red Sox game. So I turned to it and got a directv message saying "Program not available in your area." Sounds like a blackout message, but if that were true, wouldn't I be getting the same message on channel 388/389? I'm near Richmond VA, which I'm pretty sure is not a Fox O&O market - are only O&O markets getting the HD channels?

· Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AirlineMuseum.c
are only O&O markets getting the HD channels?
Yes.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Be specific with topic titles, see my edit.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MnGuy
Yes.
This is not confirmed. These broadcasts are to the O and O stations when the actual channels come onboard it should be those of us who have 388 and 389 should get them as well.

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Please, anybody! Tell us what the requirements are so that some of us can go to sleep for the evening. I live in a DMA with one only O&O Fox station which is about 125 miles away. I have a waiver from that O&O station for Fox LA and NY and I have the HD package. There are no other Fox stations in my DMA. But the CSR said at around 11:30 tonight I can't and won't get Ch. 88. I'm confused.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
The only thing you can do is to call DirecTV and see what can be done.

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Topics merged.

· Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by manufanatic
This is not confirmed. These broadcasts are to the O and O stations when the actual channels come onboard it should be those of us who have 388 and 389 should get them as well.
I was not referring to the FOX HD channels when they are added--I expect that those with 388/389 will get them. I was simply referring to the baseball coverage, which yesterday was O&O only.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
I knew that but when you stated channels that could imply to others the actual fox hd channels. This was no more or less the a channel 84 game except they used the O and O justification for those of us who didnt receive it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.