AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my console bricked I have been looking into my options as far as warranty. I bought my 360 from Micro Center in late Nov2006 w/ the extended warranty. Their 1 year warranty actually covers between time of purchase until 1 year after the manufacturer's rebate ends so if you buy a 1 year, in effect it's a 1 year and 90 day warranty. Anyway, as you know MS extended the warranty on the 360 to 1yr, applied retroactively, so I called Micro Center and asked how this would affect their extended warranty.

The way they've (management) decided to do it is to honor the extended warranty from purchase to 90 days, then from 90 days to 1yr you are only covered only by the MS warranty, then after that the Micro Center warranty kicks in again for another year (for one year warranties). I guess that way the total amount of time Micro Center covers does not change, but they've shifted the coverage around so you're not wasting your extended warranty by overlapping it with the MS one a majority of the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the info. I appreciate that you provided these details.

I also picked up my 360 at a MicroCenter at the end of November and considered their warranty, although I ended up getting the MS extended warranty. Had I opted for the warranty at MC, this would have been extremely useful!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

I'm sorry but I guess the guy I talked too didn't know what he was talking about, even though he sounded very confident and explained everything to me down to the minute details.

Anyway, I went there to exchange the xbox today and the customer service girl told me the Micro Center extended warranty starts AFTER the MS one ends. So, no coverage through Micro Center until the MS one expires. They have updated the extended warranties to start after 1 year, not 90 days (which is really in their best interest since if a defect doesn't manifest itself after a year, it probably never will).

However, she did manually override the system and allowed me a free exchange, even though it had been more than 30 days since I bought it. When I went back to get the exchange unit, the guy at the game dept said that they've been having so many people come in with problems with the xbox that they have been just allowing people to exchange up to 90 days (I think this is probably why the first guy was confused). This is at the Chicago Micro Center, btw,

Anyway, sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.