AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the SX21 but the lack of DHCP is conerning. I am not interested in the new model since it is basically the same panel with cut off resolution on the height (making it "16:9", but lower res) for more $$. I know the new one will have DHCP. Anyway, since the SX21 does not, why is that a concern? Specifically, I have on my future list the new HD DirecTivo coming out next year, or perhaps the Dish 921 if the Tivo is too delayed. Does either require a DHCP compatible display? Also, anyone know about BlueRay HD-DVD in the future, or WM9 from an HTPC now? Will any of these be incompatible with the SX21 since it does not have DHCP? Anything else in the next few years I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I heard a rumor that the Dish 921 may require DHCP. This goes back to my first post. What (known) future or current devices do I need to worry about no tworking with an SX21 becuse they require DHCP? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Probably all of them :(

You might want to check in the HDTV Hardware forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.