AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Like many others I have kept quite and patiently waiting. But now I am not pleased with the lack of progress and update for weeks before the tragedy.

------------------

- Vince

·
Registered
659 Posts
Alan,

Thanks for putting this list together for us!! The list is longer than I expected.........could you guys send me $50K I'll pay you back in a couple of years........maybe!!! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Rick

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
55 people and counting :-( I'm very sorry for all you guys. I hope things will work out.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Nice work Rob!

Now people can see the facts. An informed buyer is no longer in the dark. Kaos, please stand down...

One huge improvement to this list would be.

1. Asked for refund

2. Refund Status

------------------

Tryg Hoff

[This message has been edited by Tryg (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't feel sorry for me either! I pre-ordered a Panamorph back in July of this year, only after spending months of reading peoples woes and concerns about not having yet received the lens and the number of delays up to that point. My problem is there is no other product (that I am aware of) that will work for me. Due to my throw distance, I need an anamorphic lens that squishes vertically, and can not use one that stretches horozontally (like the ISCO lens). Is there any other alternative?

I'll be peeved (of course) if Cygnus goes out of business and never delivers, which is of course a possibility. However, seeing that some have received their lens (and were pleased with it), I believe (perhaps naively) that they will deliver, but much slower than they predicted (as seems to have been the case all along.

------------------

- Dan Butterfield

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Dan, can't you get one cheaper, and quicker by just getting a refund and buying one in the Classifieds?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice work Rob and Alan,

I would encourage ALL who have ordered a panamorph (received or not) to post their information on both lists.

There is power in numbers.

Thumper

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received my refund today. However it was from the bank and not Shawn. My bank is now going after him so they can get their money back. I ordered mine with my VISA. It was very easy to get my money back through them. They classified it as a product that was never received. It was very easy to prove that he never shipped the product. Good luck to the rest of you.

Scott

·
Registered
375 Posts
It is interesting that Rob's list of panamorph buyers reveals that some who ordered on July 18th have already received their units and other who ordered several weeks earlier are still waiting. It would seem they are not shipping in any particular order...maybe a case of poor order management?

I Noted in Shawn's response to the retail sales question he didn't say WHICH pre-buy Cellar Cinemas was in on. It's impossible to tell if the retail sales product came from a recent pre-buy or the first one.

Thump

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have any legal documents, per say. The bank wanted to verify that Shawn had not sent me the lens. I have some emails where Shawn had promised me a refund after my order was cancelled(that took 2 weeks). That was enough proof that I had not received the product and they filed it as such. My bank has been very accommodating.

It is true that I would much rather have the lens. Otherwise I would not have ordered it. My order was for the P561 and I prefer the 2.35 AR. With the lack of customer service and very few lenses shipping, I did not want to be left with a receipt and no lens. There are just too many negatives with the Panamorph. I would have waited it out if Shawn had done better damage control and the P561 was closer to production and more P752s were shipping. I know many people waited much longer than I did, but at $1385.00 I was not willing to wait any longer.

If there is a chance at a later date at a Panamorph I will pass it along. I will not do business with a company that treats its customers as Shawn does. Too little too late. I think that I waited as long as I did because I did not want to part with what I considered to be a good deal. Shawn may just be able to turn it around, but I like the odds in Vegas more.

Scott

·
Registered
340 Posts
Alan,

The title of this thread and your first post both indicate that this list is only for people who have NOT received their lens. However, once you're in the tool, it asks if you have received it or not and this info goes on your list entry. It would be very useful to also include those who HAVE received their lens in the list. Is there any way you can change the title of the thread and edit your first post to encourage the "lucky" ones to also add their info?

- Chris

·
Registered
733 Posts
Don't feel sorry for me. There is risk in crossing the street. I was perfectly aware of the potential problems when I ordered mine (six months after many others sent money). I didn't take my own advice of always seeing before taking the plunge! Looks good on me. Another of life's lessons.

I still think Shawn will come through for us. I know how frustrated I am. I just can't imagine how frustrated those who ordered over a year ago must be.

Here's the best I can offer - keep calm, keep cool and conduct yourself with dignity. When this is over, for better or worse, will you feel good about how you handled this situation? We should learn from our mistakes not regret them.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
733 Posts
Shawn:

What do you need us to do to help get this thing back on track? What is done is done, let's do what is necessary to fix this - just tell us. We need to feel a part of this, not left outside wondering what's happening! Silence only leads to suspicion.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thumper:
It is interesting that Rob's list of panamorph buyers reveals that some who ordered on July 18th have already received their units and other who ordered several weeks earlier are still waiting. It would seem they are not shipping in any particular order...maybe a case of poor order management?

I Noted in Shawn's response to the retail sales question he didn't say WHICH pre-buy Cellar Cinemas was in on. It's impossible to tell if the retail sales product came from a recent pre-buy or the first one.

Thump
Thumper,

I hate to say it, but it seems to me that the major contributors to this forum and those who have been really complaining the most on this forum have been the early receiptient of the paramorph. That is why some have received their units prior to the others. Just my theory.

15 months and still waiting here....

Albert

[This message has been edited by Alberts (edited 09-29-2001).]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Alberts,

I feel your pain.

Robs "PUDS" list has grown to the point where some interesting info can be gleaned: looks like about 5% of the pre-buy orders have been shipped over the last 15 months.

At this rate it should only take about 25 YEARS to complete the list, just in time for my retirement http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thump

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.