AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum for the last couple months and am convinced a constant height setup is one of the things my theater is missing. Weighing the pros and cons, and checking my budget, i've decided to go the HTPC route. i've done alot of research so far on HTPCs, but haven't found much in this forum on 2.35:1 use. i plan on leaving the anamorphic lens in place at all times and was wondering what programs are recommended to scale dvds for a CH scope setup? also, i was wondering what program is recommended to relocate problem subtitles? thanks,

eric

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Quote:
i plan on leaving the anamorphic lens in place at all times and was wondering what programs are recommended to scale dvds for a CH scope setup?
Zoom Player and TheaterTek are the two you should be looking at. Both can do the required scaling. Also you can have presets which is good if you leave the lens in place all the time. 2.35, 16x9, 4x3, Letterbox 2.35/16x9. They all can have presets. And you can even have the software remember the preset on a per dvd basis so that it automatically applies it next time you watch the movie.

Quote:
also, i was wondering what program is recommended to relocate problem subtitles?
Zoom Player doesn't do this yet. We're hoping the the next release it may. This narrows it down to TheaterTek. It can move the subtitles up or down.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Creating custom aspect ratios is just mind numbingly simple in Theatertek. I had initially planned to move my lens in and out on the rail that Panamorph includes. It took about three minutes to realize that it is just so much simpler to create new profiles for all of the different aspect ratios encountered.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, this is great advice and such quick response. i like the per dvd basis as i like 0% overscan and have found a few dvds with underscan. not sure when i'll be purchasing the software, in a few months maybe, so zoomplayers subtitle problem may be fixed by then.

eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.