Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This e-mail from Warner Bros re a query I sent in:

We hope for a 2004 release. Do you receive Turner Classic Movies where you are? If so, watch during Late May/Early June.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, a dvd remaster. This has previously been available in a truly horrible 4:3 VHS, and a laser which I have never seen.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
I guess I don't understand the Turner Classic Movies part. Hopefully TWATL was HD remastered and will be enhanced for widescreen DVD pressed. Hopefully many things, like DD-EX & DTS-ES, etc.

Will Turner Classic Movies announce the DVD???

Hopes have been high for a long time (and my laser is wearing thin). Hope this is true.

And I was hopped up because Master of Ballentrea was coming out in Jul,

Tim

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I LOVE this movie. I hope they put out a VERY good DVD with DTS!

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mndavenport
TCM airs the movie about once a year in OAR. I don't think it has anything to do with the DVD release.
Actually more than once a year, which is why I am still trying to understand your first part.

Are you saying:

1) Wind & the Lion is on TCM (no news)

2) TWATL is being released on DVD (news)

3) 1&2

4) none of the above.

Why would Warners mix the issues in an email?

Appreciate elucidation,

Tim

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. Read my first post.

2. Read my first post again.

1&2.

The Warner Bros rep answered my question as to when I could look forward to seeing a dvd release of TWATL, and simply added a remark that it was airing shortly on TCM to be nice.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
:) Looking forward to the release of this great film on DVD---it's one of my all-time favorites! I hope they do a good job with the mastering of this disc.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
So the answer to the DVD specific question, as confusing as the originating post is: There may be a DVD in 2004 and there may not.

Solid,

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.