Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my Audigy2 today.

I was just fiddling around with it when I noticed that there is an option in AudioHQ - Device Controls - Decoder.

It is "Enable Dynamic Range Compression"...Disable it!!! Even the help file says to disable it if you want to hear the full range.

Now I am just waiting for the new WinDVD with 24bit support. Not sure if it will do 24bit \\ 96khz DTS in 5.1 though.

I also read that DirectX 9 will be the first dx to support 24bit audio.

Its a nice card though, no problems with it at all.

Mark

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Now I am just waiting for the new WinDVD with 24bit support. Not sure if it will do 24bit \\ 96khz DTS in 5.1 though."

Mark,

Do you know the name of a DVD movie that has DTS 24/96 that I can use for testing?

"I also read that DirectX 9 will be the first dx to support 24bit audio."

I believe that was fixed in XP SP1.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cliff,

I only have one at the minute (DTS 5.1 24\\96) and it is Queens Greatest Video Hits 1.

Sounds excellent even as it is now. Wouldnt mind hearing it at its maximum...

Does anyone know if DTS 5.1 24\\96 will be decoded properly by the new WinDVD?

Mark

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a problem already. When playing MP3s, it only plays out of two speakers. Shouldnt it mirror to the rear speakers. I am using creatives own player here, tried windows media player too to play them.

I read about this before. Did Creative do this on purpose to annoy us or was it so complicated to get it working, I think not!!

Mark

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have a SB Live, not an Audigy, but your question about 2-ch from stereo sources sounds (!) like the same issue I had. For my card, I had to install the complete LiveWare s/w package. Then, I had a new "AudioHQ" icon in Control Panel, and opening it gave me the EAX Control Panel. Here, I found options for "spreading" 2ch sound across multiple speakers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sdsalsero
I have a SB Live, not an Audigy, but your question about 2-ch from stereo sources sounds (!) like the same issue I had. For my card, I had to install the complete LiveWare s/w package. Then, I had a new "AudioHQ" icon in Control Panel, and opening it gave me the EAX Control Panel. Here, I found options for "spreading" 2ch sound across multiple speakers.
In the mixer and eax console you have to check CMS or CMS2.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for that guys.

Working fine now.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.