AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I just replaced the disk on a Showstopper and would like MyReplayTV to reload the programs that I plan to record -- Is it possible to force this, or is is necessary to wait till might when it is automatically done.

2) I would like ReplayTV to consider providing a 1/2 price upgrade path for old users. If a user who has a lifetime contract upgrades, instead of paying, say $299 for a new contract, it would be to everyone's best interest if the user could transfer the lifetime contract for say $150. That way the user could upgrade more frequently, ReplayTV would get the extra payment, and if people wanted to purchase the older system, they could pay an additonal $299 for a new contract. Thoughts.

3) Is there some way to "expand" the TV guide so that I can see/schedule more than one week ahead of time? Now that I have a larger disk, I'd be willing to give some of it up for more TVguide?

Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
1) I don't think your shows that you had scheduled on your old Showstopper disk will magically reappear on the new disk after a connect. MyReplayTV will think that you simply deleted all your scheduled shows on your end.

3) With the Showstopper you're limited to about a week of guide info. The 4000's and 5000's get about 12 days...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The only way to get the old programming info off of your old disk is by doing a disk to disk clone through RTVPatch from old to new. MyRTV doesn't push info to your drive, it only pulls from.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds as though there is no wasy to force MyReplyTV to be read by my new disk.

On the other hand, I do believe that if do something on MyReplayTV, e.g. Record... or Delete..., then that will appear on my ReplayTV, so I will see if the To0Be_Recorded that were uploaded from my old disk appear on the new disk tomorrow

Thanks, as usual...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well, there are two possibilities...

1) DNNA can make a profit selling new units $150 cheaper than they are.

If this is so, they would be wise to just drop the price for everyone, and pull in the vast number of people that see $300 as the magic J6P price point. (That used to be the industry standard. It may be higher now.)

2) DNNA would loose money by selling units for $150 less, at which point, they don't want you to upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.