Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently got a barco 808, which requires negative sync on H and V. However, even though I forced my graphic card to negative sync using powerstrip, it still didn't work. I guess older cards ( mine is leadtec s680 with s3 chip ) may not directly support powerstrip.

I would like to hear some suceesful stories in forcing negative sync by powerstrip.

Please be so kind to let me know which card you use and I will consider changing my graphic card ( even a whole PC because my computer does not has AGP bus).

Thank you very much

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought an RGB 109 plus from "cpu77" on eBay and it was received quickly and in good condition. Give it a shot, I think the hardware is sometimes simpler and more permanent than a software solution. There are advantages to each but at least this way you don't have to worry about whether your card supports, and is correctly set up for, negative sync.

-David

·
Registered
115 Posts
I tried everything under the sun I could think of, including starting a thread here and trying the suggestions of others. No matter what i did, I could not get my resolution to stick in negative sync using powerstrip. I still haven't figured out why that is.........

I bought an Extron RGB 109 Plus and am using RGBS connection to force negative sync... it works....and only cost a couple bucks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here's what worked for me: Set neg synch with pstrip (GeForce and Radeon drivers let you do this as well). Use a T piece to combine V and H at the projector end. Set a switch on the projector to neg (see the user manual).

Note that the projector will not accept all resolutions, but 1024x768, 1280x720, 800x600 work. Works with Radeon and Geforce.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here's what worked for me: Set neg synch with pstrip (GeForce and Radeon drivers let you do this as well). Use a T piece to combine V and H at the projector end. Set a switch on the projector to neg (see the user manual).

Note that the projector will not accept all resolutions, but 1024x768, 1280x720, 800x600 work. Works with Radeon and Geforce.

·
Registered
115 Posts
rajive,

Huh? Sorry, I'm not sure I follow.... you got a BNC "T" connector to combine the H and V and that worked?? i.e. RGBS??

1024X768 and 800X600 naturally have a negative sync... I wasn't aware that 1280X720 was a negative sync resolution...it syncs positive for me....

I believe the original poster wants to force negative sync on a resolution that is naturally positive sync....please help me to understand if that is what you are doing here??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.