Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LXG: seems not

WRONG TURN: same but DTS in some regions

PIRATES: probable (the studio often forgets to announce dts presence)

T3: probably only in Japan first. then in superbit worldwide

ALIEN tetralogy: rumoured

MATRIX 2: no (Warner)

FINDING NEMO: no but yes in region 2 UK in 2004

SCARFACE: yes

2 FAST 2F: no but likely in region 2

OPEN RANGE: possible

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
2 FAST 2F will have no DTS here in Europe, thats already confirmed :)

btw FINDING NEMO NTSC (Region 1) sucks !!!, i got hold of the retáil DVD and the picture quality suffered coz Disney decided to put the WIDESCREEN and the FOOLSCREEN on the same disc 1.. thats 200 mins of VIDEO on 1 disc with Eng/French DD 5.1 and audio commentary and also some aquariums on 1 disc !!!

so basically get the non US DVD for Nemo.. hehehe coz the picture quality sucks...

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what ? that's a shame indeed. Finding Nemo in digital was a maserpiece of image quality (on a 3DLP). damned.

didn't they do the same with Monster Inc ? I got the UK edition because of DTS but I remember the region 1 had also both versions on same side

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
Yes, Monsters Inc had both full-frame and widescreen on the same disc side and it looked fine.

Most of the "retail copies" of Finding Nemo that have been floating around are straight-up bootlegs. The studio hasn't even sent screeners to critics yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
Yes, Monsters Inc had both full-frame and widescreen on the same disc side and it looked fine.
the canadian version has no fullsreen on it and also no "soundeffects only" audio track but the movie has a higher bitrate.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z

Most of the "retail copies" of Finding Nemo that have been floating around are straight-up bootlegs. The studio hasn't even sent screeners to critics yet.

straight-up bootlegs ? i never saw a "straight-up bootleg" with directors commentary....

i am willing to bet this will be the same DVD that they will sell :(

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ?

let's wait.

will it be a direct digital transfer at least ?????

I'm sure the UK will look and sound better, just like Monster Inc did

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.