AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, I've never been this pumped for a Blu-ray movie just for the Audio alone: Live Free or Die Hard

Unfortunately, it is a Fox Studio release.
But still, I'm hoping we get a DTS-MA track when the Blu-ray is released in December.

When this comes out, my neighbors are gonna hate me BIG TIME!!!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Die Hard is already Dead and it's only for Die Hard fans.

When I watch Die Hard now it looks like a kid movie.

·
Registered
499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 /forum/post/0

All I know is that dork in the Apple commercials is his side kick. That just might ruin the movie.

The dork is a heck of alot cooler than that elitist apple jerk.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 /forum/post/0

All I know is that dork in the Apple commercials is his side kick. That just might ruin the movie.

I'm guessing Justin long is the "dork"?? JL is an amazing actor, he basically carried NBC's "Ed" single handedly for 3 years. He was also the bloke in Jeepers Creepers although I didn't realise at first because that character is so different.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatspeed /forum/post/0

The dork is a heck of alot cooler than that elitist apple jerk.

lol at the sig, although if it gets any hotter inside it just might be able to.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 /forum/post/0

Die Hard is already Dead and it's only for Die Hard fans.

When I watch Die Hard now it looks like a kid movie.

What a ridiculous qoute. Is this the most you can contribute to a discusssion?

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Cool trailer. And it even has Kevin Smith!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Justin Long was awesome in dodgeball, waiting and accepted so he's probably going to be a pretty good sidekick to willis plus i loved the first three die hard films.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Humm FOX release, for strange reason, i don't even think it will be released on any HD form , for a while..

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I may not see this one until it comes out on dvd or bluray. It still said rating was pending.

How the f*** can Die Hard not get an automatic R rating? Looks like they screwed Die Hard fans with a PG13 teenie action flick.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'll rent DH4 when it's released. Since it's PG-13, I don't want to see it in theaters.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStrongo /forum/post/0

I may not see this one until it comes out on dvd or bluray. It still said rating was pending.

How the f*** can Die Hard not get an automatic R rating? Looks like they screwed Die Hard fans with a PG13 teenie action flick.

I guess since Willis passed the 50 mark he just can't die quite as hard as he used to. It IS called "Live Free OR Die Hard". They are apparently going with more "Live Free" then "Die Hard".

I think you can possibly squeeze a certain number of f-bombs in a PG-13 (as long as none of them are towards Christianity). Otherwise, it is going to be embarrassing when John McClane says "Yippee Kai Yay, mother..." and Justin Long has to interrupt him mid-sentence to remind him there are children present.

Really, I'm not even sure that the violence/gore in the previous Die Hard films warrant an R. I have a feeling it's the language that pushed those over the edge. Well, the first one had some very brief nudity, too.

Then again, I always think of "A Few Good Men" - barely any violence, zero sex, zero nudity, and a few F-bombs = rated R.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot /forum/post/0

What a ridiculous qoute. Is this the most you can contribute to a discusssion?

In fairness, this "discussion" seems to be about how great the audio will be on a blu-ray that hasn't been announced for a film that no one has yet seen or heard.

"There's nothing to see here."

·
UHD Addict
37,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStrongo /forum/post/0

More money with a PG-13 than an R rating since more people can see it. This is nothing new.

Then you come out with a DVD/BD version that is unrated with the material that would have made it an R movie.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0

More money with a PG-13 than an R rating since more people can see it. This is nothing new.

Then you come out with a DVD/BD version that is unrated with the material that would have made it an R movie.

There has never been any evidence that the PG-13 version of a movie would make more money than an R rated version of a movie. That is just some "given" that some idiot came up with and, for some reason, the studios seem to all believe it.

The problem is that it boils down box office to a rating and not to the actual product. Would "American Pie", "40 Year Old Virgin", "Wedding Crashers", "The Matrix", and "Knocked Up" been the successes they are if they were toned down to a PG-13?

As you can see in this thread, there are people who are going to AVOID the PG-13 version of "Live Free or Die Hard". Yes, more people have the opportunity to see it now that it's PG-13, but will they? Will word of mouth be as strong with a watered down version as it would with an R rated version? I don't see why they never consider that watered down horror/action movies might actually make less money since they alienate part of the already built-in audience for those movies.

In order to prove that PG-13 instantly equals more money, they would need to build a time machine, turn "American Pie" into a PG-13, release it, then see how much it makes. I just did that and it made 15 million.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts