AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling since last night with my 7200 and their 005 ceiling mount. After I dremel'd some metal on one of tabs on the rotation plate that did not get properly punched out, I successfully got the projector up on the wall. However, with the extension arm fully extended, there is only ~ 4" clearance between the wall and the back of the projector. The DVI cable connector is 2" long and the blasted $50 DVI-M1D adapter is 2.25" long. So... there's not enough clearance to hook up the cables.

So now I'm forced to revert to a ceiling mount but of course the extension arm on the 005 mount is to short to put the centerline of the lens at the proper offset. So now I get to fabricate some kind extension.

I guess I should of expected this but it's still aggravating. Thought I'd alert those of you planning to run DVI from you STB to the PJ to watch out for the backside clearance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After more head scratching, I think maybe a better solution would be to make a spacer out of MDFB and place it in between the wall and the mounting plate. That will move the PJ further out from the the wall. I'm fortunate that I'm installing the PJ above a doorway so there's a full length wood header behind the wallboard. Just need to buy some long lag screws.

Wish me luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.