AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a projector here in Japan, will it work in the US? What I mean is is there any region coding of dvd players I have to worry about or will a projector accept all regions? I plan on moving to the US soon and want to buy one here.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The only thing you need to check on is that it will work on U.S. voltage. And you need to be able to select an English language menu.

I believe Japanese voltage is lower but most will work on both. You may want to post here what you're thinking about buying because there are a lot of folks with experience in buying Japanese homeland projectors.

Not a stupid question at all.

Dan

Dan

·
Registered
212 Posts
Any copy protection or region coding is decoded by your DVD player, many people in the US have ordered projectors from Japan. You might want to check warranty issues, to see if any warranty is applicable overseas, and if you would have to send it to Japan for service.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
You will need to buy a different power chord here. We don't use the pigtail grounds. A simple computer power cable will work unless you like the fancy stuff. And I believe Japanese projectors use a D4 digital input as well. The US does not use these connections so I would suggest buying an adapter there if you want to use an extra projector input. Someone in another thread mentioned/asked about the possibility of a DVI to D4 converter, but I have no clue whether they exist.

Definitely check the warranty. I'll almost bet they make you ship it to Japan for the warranty. But for the price difference, it might almost be worth it since you are there already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.