AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in a Denon 3803 today, to do a CQC driver for it. But looking on the back, the serial 'port' is some kind of proprietary connector in the form of a 1/8th" phono plug connection. Neither the serial protocol docs or the manual seem to say squat about this, and I didn't get anything with a search here or on the web that provided me any clues.

Does anyone know what form this thing takes? Are customers going to have to buy a custom cable for this? If so, where can you get one?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, DaleS in the HTPC forum pointed out that this informaiton is even in the protocol document, but it's one little line and just missed it. I'll make a run to Radio Shack tomorrow and get a mini plug and build a cable for it. A day without building a cable is is a day without sunshine I guess.

It would be nice though for my customers to be able to buy a commercial grade adaptor for their own systems. They aren't going to be making any cables themselves mostly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dean,

I'm really happy to see you doing a driver for the 3803. Prebuilt drivers for mainstream components like the Denon should really propel the adoption of CQC in the market.

Prebuilt driver support for a Escient Fireball and/or one of the Imerge digital music servers would be great as well.

George

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I'm kind of dependent on people providing me with the devices to do drivers for, because I got no bucks to buy them myself. I'm happy to do drivers for any devices that people are willing to send me. The traffic is picking up lately, but a lot of people are reticent about sending me stuff, and it's easy to understand. And if it's really expensive or large, it's really difficult for me to get ahold of them. In some cases, if the device is fairly simple, I can do it remotely, but it's a lot harder to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.