AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Zenith HD 520 hooked up t oa MItsi 65313 TV. When watching HDTV shows what should I have the format set at on the receiver 1080i ? And when watching SD shows what should the box foramt be set at. I cant figure it out.

Thanks..

·
Registered
441 Posts
Typically, you set to one display format and leave it for NTSC and ATSC. Switch between 1080i and 720p and determine hich you like best. Some people like 1080i better, while sone like 720p better. It is totally up to you.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I believe that the Mitsu 65313 will only display 1080i. So 1080i is the better setting in your case since it is compatilble with your tv.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
In case you're a little confused, you can keep it set at 1080i all the time because your box will upconvert SD signals to 1080i for display on your TV. Some people don't like the appearance of this upconverted signal and will also run a composite or s-video cable to their TV from the STB and watch SD via one of these cables and use the HD output only for HD signals. Remember that your STB does not output both HD and SD at the same time, so in this case you would have to swtich to the appropriate one for viewing.

SMK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.