AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... And are you happy?

What do you like and dislike about what you moved to? If you had it to do over again, would you make the same move?

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
Oh, and on the second question, for my next theater, I am hoping to get the new Lexicon MP-20. It costs considerably more than Anthem but they do accept trade in of the older processors. While that will still cost more than the Anthem, it won't hurt as much as buying one new

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kept holding out hoping Lexicon would do something cheaper along the lines of the MC-8 (which I started with before the MC-12), but even with the trade in, no way I can afford the new one.

So I've settled on the Marantz AV7005 for now.

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
I hear you
. The Marantz is a popular choice. Alas, there is a big shortage of them due to earthquake in Japan and its room EQ I hear is nothing great. One option is to get a process of your choice and augment it with JBL BassQ for multi-sub processing. That way, you get some of the technology in the new Lexicon.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amir- Yes, I struggled with the lack of XT32 (also considered the Denon 4311CI).

I actually figure, my luck being what it is sometimes, I get the AV7005 now, and then bam, within a few months Marantz comes out with the AV8005 with other "stuff" in addition to XT32.

Btw, I know who you are Amir, and I have a lot of respect for you, your knowledge, and your opinions. AVS is much better off for your participation here !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.