AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard Wemax is releasing three laser UST projector based on ALPD 4.0 technology.

The model will be T1 for USD2700.

Anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Any credible source on that? Right now , there is only the Chroma available. I am sure there will be more Chinese ALPD 4.0 models down the line, but for now there is no further info.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any credible source on that? Right now , there is only the Chroma available. I am sure there will be more Chinese ALPD 4.0 models down the line, but for now there is no further info.
the same shop selling Vava Chroma (I will go see it after Christmas to compare with the Laser 2). Preorders now and delivery in Jan. I asked if it has DV but they have no clue. Price is competitive. But I am really loving my Dolby Vision logo popping up everytime I watch DV content

;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
If it is a Chinese shop, there might be some truth in it, since it seems a lot of Chinese models pop up suddenly and out of nowhere. I am also sure there will be an ALPD 4.0 model with DV support somewhere down the line. How soon though, who knows?

·
Registered
583 Posts
In the comments, it mentions confirmed DV support. We will see, but Fengmi releasing an RGB model so soon after the Xiaomi is big news. We need more info about this.

·
Registered
583 Posts
This seems to be ALPD 4.0 (the Chinese shop says they have confirmed it is also DV, but in the promo video I did not see anything mentioned), initial price is 3600$ and it will be available in January 2022. The rate these Chinese models come out is unbelievable.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This seems to be ALPD 4.0 (the Chinese shop says they have confirmed it is also DV, but in the promo video I did not see anything mentioned), initial price is 3600$ and it will be available in January 2022. The rate these Chinese models come out is unbelievable.
I was initially annoyed this got officially announced literally the day after I purchased the Xaomi Cinema 2, but $3600 is more than I’d be willing to spend personally. Be interested to see if this does combine the color and contrast of the current best of class into one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also, kind of wild how these audiophile brands are partnering with Chinese companies on USTs, first JMGO with Dynaudio and now Fengmi with B&W. Those licenses probably cost a LOT, and it’s interesting these companies are willing to pay for it.

Im guessing they’re making more of a play for European markets in the future.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also, kind of wild how these audiophile brands are partnering with Chinese companies on USTs, first JMGO with Dynaudio and now Fengmi with B&W. Those licenses probably cost a LOT, and it’s interesting these companies are willing to pay for it.

Those brands produce in China

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was initially annoyed this got officially announced literally the day after I purchased the Xaomi Cinema 2, but $3600 is more than I’d be willing to spend personally. Be interested to see if this does combine the color and contrast of the current best of class into one.
DV support still has to be confirmed by official specs, otherwise this projector is a no go. If this is actually a DV unit and the price drops down by at least 400$, this may be the one I have been looking for. Lack of DV is the only thing stopping me from buying the Chroma. Now, I am thinking of using the money for the Chroma to buy a 150" XY ALR screen from China, save up again and buy this one in a few months once prices and availability settle down. It is a longshot with my financial means, but still worth a try. I am not eager to buy a new projector every couple of years and a new model coming out three months apart is rather ridiculous.

All these official stickers and trademarks are about credibility and to be taken seriously. People were laughing at Chinese products five years ago. Well, they are not laughing anymore. I can picture some frown faces in other projector companies' marketing departments, when listening to things like RGB laser and Dolby Vision support.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks like this has HDR10+ as well.
If this and DV are true, then I will be saving up for good in order to get one. However, specs need to be officially confirmed, before a final conclusion is drawn. I just wish all these Chinese units had their marketing specs in full English from the start, instead of trying to find out about them through Google translators. It is off-putting.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Here's the chinese site review. Comparing with Hisense tri-laser UST. Please note that the reviewer is using painted grey wall for projection so the screen is not absolute flat. I almost go for Xiaomi C2 but keep holding for tri-laser model with Dolby Vision. Looks like this is it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Here's the chinese site review. Comparing with Hisense tri-laser UST. Please note that the reviewer is using painted grey wall for projection so the screen is not absolute flat. I almost go for Xiaomi C2 but keep holding for tri-laser model with Dolby Vision. Looks like this is it!

Nice find, my friend! You would make a good detective.

·
Registered
624 Posts
more details

·
Registered
20 Posts

Dolby Vision, HDR10+, eArc must have a min subset of HDMI 2.1, most likely like the Xiaomi cinema 2, 2.1must be selected in the menu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there any comparison between the Fengmi T1 vs the Wemax A300? Considering either one of them. I have seen the Wemax A300 and the contrast and color looks good but not sure how the Fengmi T1 performs vs the Wemax A300

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there any comparison between the Fengmi T1 vs the Wemax A300? Considering either one of them. I have seen the Wemax A300 and the contrast and color looks good but not sure how the Fengmi T1 performs vs the Wemax A300
For me the Dolby Vision support will make it better then the Wemax A300. Have a look at Xiaomi Laser TV 2, also has DV.
Gregory at passionhomecinema also says Xiaomi cinema 2 better than Wemax A300.

1 - 20 of 722 Posts