AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Yeah, looks good.

I can't abide by the commercials though- ABC has just gone completely over the limit lately. They take a perfectly good movie and make it unwatchable.

I'm spoiled by HBO now- but even I couldn't force myself to watch more than 5mins of Scooby-Doo.;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great to see OAR, great HD transfer on ABC in spite of the commercials (which at least seem well placed so far).

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was worried during the opening credits as the sky background looked very grainy. But the remainder of the film has looked great!

It's back on, time to run back down stairs.

-Sp

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
They sped up play, though , giving the movie a jerky feel on pans. I'll stick to HBO's commercial free presentation.

-Dylan

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ok not to sound too newbish, whats OAR? Im guessing Original Aspect Ratio?

Chris

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Linux23
looked really good. very comparable to HBO's 1080i transfer. i am not sure if this was true dolby 5.1 though.
By directors (R.Z.) intent FG has no rear surround sound info, strange as that sounds.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Here in Chicago we lost sound for 2 minutes, then went to standard def between two commercial breaks. Luckily, it was near the end of the movie so with commercial breaks every 5 minutes it wasn't in standard def very long.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't know what the problem was in Sacramento. It was delayed until 2:05am and then the entire movie was 4:3, complete with the "modified to fit your screen" message in the begining.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the 'modified to fit your screen' message at the beginning as well, but other than the commercials everything else seemed fine. I haven't seen this on dvd for a while though, so it's possible the cut some parts out.. ?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did anyone else notice the little "glitch" right after Forest placed the letter from little Forest on Jenny's grave. It looked something like one frame of clear, but scratched film.

Anyway it was a great movie, and nice picture quality. OAR too!

·
Registered
702 Posts
even though my sony receiver lit up the BLUE light, i wasnt getting any rear info...

i had to switch to from AUTO DECODE to cinema to hear rear channels...

anyone else? this was in san fran bay area KGO....

·
Registered
771 Posts
"By directors (R.Z.) intent FG has no rear surround sound info, strange as that sounds."

The DVD has rear surround info - check out the whole Vietnam section, with helicopters and bullets surrounding you.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamwriter
"By directors (R.Z.) intent FG has no rear surround sound info, strange as that sounds."

The DVD has rear surround info - check out the whole Vietnam section, with helicopters and bullets surrounding you.
Go listen again and you will be surprised. Walk back to the rears and you will hear nothing. There is NO rear surround sound in FG.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
This was indeed a pristine presentation- beautiful transfer. Way to go ABC. Too bad Charlies Angels is decidely poorer in quality tonight- and NO OAR.

Andrew B.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.