AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is very frustrating...I just got my HTPC setup working. I bought a Fortissimo III 7.1 card. The audio quality is great - no problems there. The problem is the drivers that came with it - apparently, I can either tell it to output SPDIF for the PowerDVD Pro EX player that came with it, OR to output all audio from the PC through SPDIF (but NOT PowerDVD). Very irritating - if I want to play MP3's or other PC sounds through SPDIF, I need to change my settings and reboot. Likewise, if I want to watch a DVD, I need to change the settings again and reboot.

Anybody know of way around this? From the forum, I found a few people with the same problem with this (and the earlier II card), but haven't seen any solutions. Are there any OTHER drivers out there I could use for this card that wouldn't have the problem?

Does anybody even know WHY this card doesn't just shunt all audio to the SPDIF output???

--KS

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...

I'm thinking the reason for having to manually switch for AC3 output and back again has something to do with some half-assed copy protection scheme... Either that or piss-poor drivers from Hercules...

--KS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.