AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason that I can't pinpoint, I feel like this forum jumped the shark right around the time the Digital Days sticky appeared. Maybe it's just a natural comedown from an extended period of time with lots of news, but it seems like this has become a tech support forum.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This whole thing is just plain confusing! What does jumping fish have to do with anything? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I believe Ico-Jones is refering to the website Jumptheshark.com (or something like that). Never been there myself, but have heard of it. The basic premise is pinpointing the episode when a TV show starts to decline. It's named after the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumps the sharks on water skies.

I'm guessing Ico-Jones is thinking this place is starting to decline. In the years I've been here it's done that a few times, especially when nothing new is happening. Not sure if it's in a decline right now, but there really isn't much happening lately.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The forum cycles. I bet there is LOTS of activity again after 5.1 is deployed.

Also, the forum has always had a strong tech support element to it.

Best,

Matthew.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
When was the Digital Days sticky?

I think the day was the first day was either the day the 5ks started hitting homes or maybe the day the 5040 refurbs did. Either way it was a 5k thing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah, we all miss the endless debate about what would happen to our Replay units after Sonic|BLUE went bankrupt

I still think there is room for legitimate discussion of the role of content providers when it come to limiting feature offerred by consumer electronics makers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.