AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited this site years ago when purchasing my first HD TV. Remember when the RPTVs were $3,000? Well I am back in the market, and looking for some advice.

I am posting this in the LCD forum but not sure where to find some general answers. I am still deciding on whether to go with Plasma or LCD. I know the cost is different and room brightness plays a role, but the quality is getting more competitive.

What forum will discuss various brands in one section?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelvg1 /forum/post/12969925

What forum will discuss various brands in one section?

Thanks for your help.

There was a plasma and LCD discussion forum. I think it went the way of the goonie bird as no one posted in it. And of those post a number were imflamatory by those who are biased.

I think no one will argue, if you have a light controlled room, and want better color reproduction then go with plasma.

If you have bright light sources in the room, or appreciate a (typically) higher resolution, go LCD.

BTW: Video games are a mixed bag for LCD's and plasmas. Some claim today's Plasmas really don't have burn in with video games. The jury is still out on that. But LCD's suffer from slower response that can sometimes cause "ghosting" of fast moving images on video games. this ghosting is a lot less obvious on video/movies.

But these are generalizations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts