AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just wanted to get input from everyone on what projector they think would be the best for the following job:

We are looking to purchase a projector that will display adequate resolution (XGA native), at least 1000-1100 Ansi Lumens - and (this is the tough part... esp since I left my crystal ball at home) - something that will still be functional/usable in 5+ years....

What will we be using this for?? Predominantly the following things:

1) Powerpoint presentations

2) viewing Chest Xrays/CT Scans/Pathology slides (thus the need for high quality projection images - with HIGH contrast)

3) video (i.e. heart echo, etc)

thank you!

Mike

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Hi Mike,

THe powerpoint part is easy.....the slides and xray stuff is the hard part...

have you used any projector at all that you liked?? your best bet is to rent one just as a test...

I think that xrays and such have extremely important shadow details etc..I know which models would have the highest ratios etc..but I am not sure they will be adequate...they may be more than adequate...but I just don;t know...

REgards,

JOhn

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John-

Thanks for the reply.....

Yes, I do own an LT150 which has an 800:1 contrast ratio... While this is fantastic... I want to know if there is better out there

As far as price.... perhaps around $5,000 or so - So any recs are very much welcome -

Thanks everyone!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.