AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else thinks it would be a good idea to create sub forums for DScaler and Zoom Player and anything else that might need it's own sub forum. Would make it a lot easier to pin-point what you're looking for.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I agree that the volume of messages on this forum is overwhelming at times and it would be nice of they could subdivide the forum somehow.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Blight runs a forum for Zoomplayer @ Inmatrix. The DScaler people have a mailing list but request that tech support goes on here I believe.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi All:

___This was discussed ~ 6 months ago without a real solution coming forth. I am against the idea because the topics missed by not visiting both forums will surely lower the knowledge level of DSCaler or ZP player users and the same goes for us everything else users as well. Given the topic headers are usually self-explanatory, I am pretty sure that it cannot be that hard to see the DScaler and ZP player threads from others in the list of topics posted every 2 to 3 days? If you want to see a mess of a forum where the topics were split, check out the Classified Ads. When they were split, it was hard to find anything IMO but that is just me …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
A little over a month ago, we set up a separate support forum for DScaler. We thought that perhaps it would be better to not subject everyone here to the traffic from new users, and it would keep repetitive simple questions to a minimum. It also allowed us to have forums for different languages, something that would create chaos here.

We keep things on-topic there, so if there's something more general home theater PC (let's say a Powerstrip question), we link here.

This has seemed to work well. As time marches on, AVS will get some of the more substantial threads and the DScaler forums will get user threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.