AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the Pioneer Elite VSX-52tx and im trying to compare it between the Pioneer VSX-1015tx. Any differnece between the two I should look at. As you can tell below I have an entry level amp so im looking for something that performs better and has neat features. But I have no idea what differences are between the two or which would be better.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
The 1015tx is an upgrade from last year's 1014tx model. The 1014 was practically a clone of the elite 52tx. The main difference between the 52tx and 1014 was that the elite has a gloss finish, multisource 2nd zone capability, an rs232 port (useless), and a 2 year warranty.

The difference between the 1014 and 1015 is that the 1015 has a 3rd component input with, and has the new thx select2 certification.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect the sound quality to be the same then from both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, I just became torn between these two receivers myself this evening. I am equally interested in the responses of this thread.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This has been discussed at length. The two receivers are essentially the same except for the differences noted above and a "stabilizing bar"--which won't make any real world difference IMO. This isn't internet hearsay, its been confirmed by Pioneer. Save the money and get the 1015tx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.