AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cruising the DIY forums it reminded me that I have a old 12" sub collecting dust in the basement that I had in my car about 12 years ago. The brand is ESX and the model is DS126. I don't need the sub, since I already have a Mael X 18 in an Easy Button Max, but I thought it might be a fun project. Only problem is I'm a total newb and don't know what I'm doing for the most part. Is this thing worth any more than a paperweight? It was hard to find any info on it. Most things I found were in German.

I found these specs off of a German car-audio forum.

D in mm: 310

Xmax mm: 12

SD qcm: 532

Mms g: 140

Re Ohm: 2,6(Spulen parallel)

Fs (Hz) : 27

Qms: 8,5

Qes: 0,34

Qts: 0,33

VAS (L): 98

SPL (dB): 90

Le mH: 1,9

VC mm: 64

RMS (W): 400

Tiefe (mm): 150

Öffnung (mm): 283

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
how would you like to experiment wiht a simple tapped horn?

about 9 cubic feet total.

it would just be a long enclosure with a single board in it, kind of like this:

might be fun if you want to experiment.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have nothing really in mind. I have a small sealed box that I took it out of to take the pics. I bought the sub from a custom car audio place and they built the box for me.

I'm just in the mood to make some dust. I have all my clamps and tools out working on a desk for my theater and it has me looking for a side project. I'm really tempted to build one or two of lilmike's f-20s maybe with the Dayton dvc. I wonder how they would pair with my easybutton max?

How would this sub work in a horn, whether it be tapped or front loaded?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had a little 10" car audio sub that that I was in the same situation with. I have an AV15-x already on an ep2500 so I stuck it in a tiny box and gave it one channel of the ep2500 at 4ohms and stuck it behind the couch for some tactile effect. I couldn't believe that a sub rated for 350w rms held up to the ep2500 with no hpf, but it did add a nice seat of the pants rumble. Just an idea for something you could try quickly if you still have the box.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/20836285

how would you like to experiment wiht a simple tapped horn?

about 9 cubic feet total.

it would just be a long enclosure with a single board in it, kind of like this:

might be fun if you want to experiment.

This is kinda what I was thinking about. Just have no idea how to get started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.