AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen alot of posts where folks get DDE on thier xbox. Found some CHEAP replacement drives. I'll probably pick one up for just in case... :cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good price.

I went with the Samsung drive (found on ebay). It's significantly more expensive but it's twice as fast and playes every type of CD/DVD. And there's less chance of getting dirty disc errors again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went the cheap route too with a Thompson replacement. It only has to last until November :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Bear in mind that even replacement Thomson drives may very well go bad in the future. They just don't seem to be very reliable.

Something else to consider is having Microsoft replace the drive for you, with a more reliable model (Like the Samsung model). People have gotten them to do it for free, but I forked over $50 to have them replace my drive with a Samsung, which included overnight shipping both ways. I had it back in a week.

They're well aware of the problem, so you just have to ***** at them for a while and haggle the price down from the standard $89 service fee, or whatever it is these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.