AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was posted before, but I sorta found a way to do discrete IR codes for the Samsung - at least reliably set the inputs.

My Samsung remote has a TV/Component and a TV/Video button. If you go into an item the first time after hitting the opposite button, the TV always starts with the same input.

For example, regardless of what the current input is, if I want component 2 I simply hit TV/Video and then TV/Component twice - this always works regardless of what input is set. Same thing works for the opposite button (want AV1 then send IR code for TV/Component and then send IR code for TV/Video).

Not sure if I explained this well, but you can reliably set the input using a macro even though this set does not really support discrete IR code.

My pronto is happy. Now if I can just find a discrete power on code...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Matt,

Thank you.

Just tried this on my 2796. For TV/Video it always seems to start on S-Video. For TV/Component, it always starts on Component 1.

I posted a few weeks ago looking for discreet input codes for the Samsungs. This takes care of the only issue I had with my TV. Now I just need to add some macros to my JP1 remote.

Bob.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just got around to programming macros in my JP1 remote for each input that I use on my 2796. This works just as well as the discrete input codes on my Toshiba.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.