AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found some Parkland Poly-wall after a long time searching.

My question is do I have to contact cement it on a sheet of plywood to prevent it from sagging? Or would a frame made of 1"X3" with one or two cross bars be sufficient?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Don't use contact cement you will be dissapointed. You want to use the 3M Spray Glue. You have to secure it to something over the entire face of it or it will sag. I like the 1x3 frame but the crossbars will not do. Get pegboard and have it mimic the exact dimensions of your parkland screen and glue both pieces and secure. Put the 1x3 around that and hang.

So a search for me and I beleive I go into detailed steps. Take it from me it took me two times to do it rights. I used contact glue the first time and tried it twice letting it settle for days the second time and the thing will slowly seperate on you. Garbage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm buying a Parkland type plastic sheet that will measure approx 9'X6' for which I will build a wooden frame. I thought I would use screws and velcro strips on the top and sides to hold most of the weight and cover these screws with a wooden border painted black. For the middle I intended to use cross bars (1X4) and apply velcro strips to the wood and plastic to keep it from sagging---does this sound practical? I resist using pegboard to keep the weight down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Parkland does sag if not mounted, correctly. I never really expected it to happer, or even thought about how it would happen. I screwed it directly to the wall (every stud around the edges) and within a month, I noticed the center sticking out from the wall. I'd say it can pop out about 2 inches at most. I don't really notice it when viewing from the front, but when viewing from the side, it's very apparent.

I would highly recommend pegboard or plywood.

JJ

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got a parkland sheet 8'x4' about 1month ago. I got 2 standard 8' molding pieces which I applied 6 evenly distributed "industrial" velcro strips each from lowes. I then put the other side of the velco strips evenly on the top and bottom of the parkland sheet. I put two arnchor screws at the top left and right corners. I then hang one of the moldings (attached picture hanging brackets at both ends) from the two screws. As for the other pice, I simple attach it to the bottom of the parkland for weight which holds it good and even. When I need to put it up, I simply unhang the top molding, remove both moldings from the parkland and store, then roll up the parkland and all fits in my closet. I also have two pictures which hang on the two wall screws for WAF.

I have been having no sags as of yet.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mastafunk
I got a parkland sheet 8'x4' about 1month ago. I got 2 standard 8' molding pieces which I applied 6 evenly distributed "industrial" velcro strips each from lowes. I then put the other side of the velco strips evenly on the top and bottom of the parkland sheet. I put two arnchor screws at the top left and right corners. I then hang one of the moldings (attached picture hanging brackets at both ends) from the two screws. As for the other pice, I simple attach it to the bottom of the parkland for weight which holds it good and even. When I need to put it up, I simply unhang the top molding, remove both moldings from the parkland and store, then roll up the parkland and all fits in my closet. I also have two pictures which hang on the two wall screws for WAF.

I have been having no sags as of yet.
Now that is really clever.

"I also have two pictures which hang on the two wall screws for WAF"

But that is pure genius :D

b2b

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.