AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i installed my hd (panny stb) i have been having periodic dropouts on hbo. when i installed, the 119 sat was not good for me. i suspected i was into the tree tops and these trees are huge so they are difficult to trim. i was getting mid 70's with periodic mid 60's for sig strength. i was out for a couple weeks and the trees filled in and when i came back i had no picture. checked it and i was down to 38 on signal strength.

so here is what i did. i ordered from radio shack the 24" sure shot dish and one of their signal strength meters. the dish uses your current lnb and can even go on the same mast in most cases. it is just 6" bigger which means about 75% more surface (if my old trig still works). i also got an inline signal booster since i have about 100' of cable from dish to stb. the signal meter was fantastic. when i was done the job was good and my wife was not pissed from spending an hour reading numbers to me over a cordless phone.

the net result is that even with the trees i get mid 70's to 90 as the trees wave in the wind. if you want a killer signal and minimal dropouts in the rain this dish is worth it. it is about $70 without the lnb's. my case is different since i have two round dishes rather than screwing with the oval thing but if you had the oval you could put the 24" next to it and move two of the lnb's over. if you have a round dish now and are just adding hd i would strongly suggest getting this dish as a second rather than getting the oval.

i figure when the leaves fall i will be solid in the 90's. i am ready for that new "MarkVision" hd channel now http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

greg

------------------

-------------------------

Why does he shake hands with that guy right after he sexed the alligator

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.