AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn good film! anyone pick this one up yet. i REALLY enjoyed it. it kind of had that "training day" vibe to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I watched it from Netflix.

I enjoyed the first half much more than I thought I would, it was nicely done. The second half of the story was just plain sloppy film making.

There are parts of Singletons movies I just love, but each has some majorly weak moments IMHO.

Eddie

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I watched last night and really enjoyed it. Picture quality was top notch as well. :)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
My gawd there were some hot women in that movie. Not enough camera attention though :(

Rough and choppy dialogue seized the day. I thought character development was a bit off and the dramatic arc was too flat.

Singleton is still crafting his trade but he has to develop more cohesion amongst his characters and add more vibrance to each individual character.

Worth a watch ..worth a rental.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Thumbs up here too...much better than was advertised. :)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
flat dramatic arc? you kill my momma and you'll see a flat dramatic arc alright. :D i have brothers and those brothers seemed pretty cohesive to me, even picked on the little guy. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i loved it. definitely a great purchase for me. i sadly missed it in the theaters but the dvd looked pretty fantastic so all is well...

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
the chemistry between the brothers was good...mark wahlberg's portrayal of a "punk ass white boy" was very good.

It just wasn't too clear why the mother was killed in the first place...they mumbled their way through that.

Also, for Serenity fans, did you guys notice the Operative was the big cheese in Four Brothers? Good actor...Thought he was English after seeing him in Serenity.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S
Also, for Serenity fans, did you guys notice the Operative was the big cheese in Four Brothers? Good actor...Thought he was English after seeing him in Serenity.

He is English; he was born in the U.K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.