AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Early retailer information indicates that, on May 3, Echo Bridge Entertainment will release on Blu-ray four movies from the Miramax/Dimension catalog: The Crow: City of Angels, From Dusk Till Dawn, Halloween H2O and The Yards: No release details are available at the moment.

A month ago it had been announced that Echo Bridge had acquired rights to 251 titles from the Miramax library (see Blu-ray.com, February 18).

Now I like From Dusk Till Dawn and Halloween H20 just fine, but why are we getting City Of Angels BEFORE The Crow?????

This is what happens when you cut up the catalogue Miramax!!!!

They had better have the licence for the extras also

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm guessing that Lionsgate will distribute the higher profile titles (like the original Crow) while Echo Bridge gets the lower profile titles (like the Crow sequels).

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007
Now I like From Dusk Till Dawn and Halloween H20 just fine, but why are we getting City Of Angels BEFORE The Crow?????

This is what happens when you cut up the catalogue Miramax!!!!

They had better have the licence for the extras also
No idea sorry. Exploitation possibly??

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My point was the splitting of the catalogue has made this happen, Lionsgate should have beaten them to the punch

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vläd /forum/post/20175127

I wonder if From Dusk til Dawn will have a different transfer from the Alliance release?

That was the question I was going to pose as I currently have the Alliance release.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
If you want the Crow just get the Geneon version from Japa....

Oh, yeah- maybe you shouldn't

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More!

Quote:
May 10 Echo Bridge Home Entertainment will release on Blu-ray no fewer than seven movies from the Miramax/Dimension catalog: Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest, Dracula 2000, Equilibrium, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Hellraiser: Bloodline, Supercop and Texas Rangers. List price is $19.99. No disc details are available yet.

Its a real wheat from the chaff with these guys!

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now some double feature discs

Quote:
Echo Bridge Entertainment isn't slowing down its pace of Blu-ray releases from the Miramax/Dimension catalog. The latest wave is, according to retailer information, coming out on May 15 and entirely composed of double features:
Children Of The Corn V: Fields Of Terror / Children Of The Corn 666: Isacc's Return,

From Dusk Till Dawn / From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money,

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers / Halloween: H20,

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline / Hellraiser V: Inferno,

My Boss's Daughter / Duplex,

Pokemon Heroes / Pokemon: Destiny Detox,

Supercop / Twin Dragons and

The Yards / The Lookout.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6092

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007
Ouch, but that site is wrong FDTD was never 2.35:1
Oops, my mistake, unsure why I always think the film is 2.35:1.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I am literally shaking with rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It's a shame really, From Dusk looks like it's from a good source when it's not artifacting like mad (98% of the time). Even the menu blocks up. We'll see about the Blu-ray...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1 - 20 of 171 Posts