AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the status of Fox opening up the Widescreen football feeds to those Sunday Ticket subscribers unable to receive thru local OTA if the same game is available and we're blacked out since the game is televised by the local affiliate?

We all know that CBS granted a national waiver for their HD game, (subject to local game sellout rules etc.), but anything on Fox following suit on their Widescreen games?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
No reason to think this will happen (after all, Fox must have known the current situation would happen, yes?), but hope springs eternal. It's possible I suppose.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
No reason to think this will happen (after all, Fox must have known the current situation would happen, yes?), but hope springs eternal. It's possible I suppose.
This is just speculation, but since FOX has pushed hard for the affiliates to send WS, they may be using reverse psychology that if the affiliate doesn't, the viewers will force them.

Again, the current number of WS viewers verses non WS doesn't keep the FOX execs up at night either. I would say that policy will not change, but I have been wrong, and maybe this time, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
foxeng,

Thanks for responding.

We,in the Nashville,TN area,are screwed since Fox affiliate here is a Sinclair owned station.

My ***** with Fox and Sunday Ticket is the fact that the WS games aren't available to anyone shut out by Sinclair if it's the local telecast.

You know what I mean by this statement so I won't go on.

This is my gripe.

If the local affiliate refuses to provide the service then why are we being shut out? Open up the WS feeds to us.

It's still all crap and a ridiculous policy.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
I would let the Fox network know directly.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stsrep
Does anyone know the status of Fox opening up the Widescreen football feeds to those Sunday Ticket subscribers unable to receive thru local OTA if the same game is available and we're blacked out since the game is televised by the local affiliate?

We all know that CBS granted a national waiver for their HD game, (subject to local game sellout rules etc.), but anything on Fox following suit on their Widescreen games?
waht game was that for we got a upconvert this week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.